• Imagine Being "Friends" with Tom Part 1 •

As you walk into the theater you feel sick to your stomach. Ever since you started working on Coriolanus with Tom, you felt a connection to him. Almost like a pull. But you can't. You just can't love him. Nope. "I hate rules!" You think to yourself and roll your eyes. "Why aren't co-workers allowed to date?" Once you get back stage your stomach churns even more. You know perfectly well why this is happening.
Before you can stop yourself, you run right into Tom. You look up into his blue eyes. "I'm sorry, Tom. I didn't mean to run into you." You step back and see a smile spread across his face. "Y/n. It's fine." He tells you. And you say, "Are you sure? 'Cause I don't think it is." As you say that you mess with your hair and straighten your clothes. "Rehearsal starts in ten." You hear somebody yell. "Well, I better get going." He tells you. You move to the right and he moves the same direction. Again you move to the left and he moves the same way. His smile widens. "Ok, stop. I'll stand here and you go around me." You tell him. And he does just that.
During the rehearsal you stand and wait for each time you go on stage. Between those waits every now and then Tom would be back there with you. He'd stare and stare. After a while it creeped you out. It wasn't the kind of loving stare - more like a painful or sad stare. Finally you walk over to him. You ask him, "What is the matter?" You become surprised by how mean you sounded. He looks at you surprised. "Nothing. Y/n, nothing." He tells you, anger filling his voice. And this smile somehow forms inside of you, because it was the first time you ever made Tom angry. You walk away from him.
Again you find yourself waiting and waiting for this play to be over with. The reason was so you could get away from Tom. You still felt sick to your stomach. The way Tom spoke to you earlier keeps going through your head and your stomach churns more and more. Then you go on the stage for bows. To be honest you didn't need to do that because the play wasn't for another three weeks. You take your bow and the curtains close. Everyone starts to leave the stage but you stand there frozen waiting to help put everything back in place.
You continue standing there waiting for the last person to leave, Tom. He starts to walk, but in the wrong direction. "Please don't. Nope. You can't come over here." You think. He wraps his arm around your waist and pulls you into himself. And you look down. Tom takes his hands and lifts your chin. He brushes his lips against yours and you push his. In between pecks his lips form into a smile. Then the rules start to go through your head and you feel dizzy. You back away. He moves closer to you, while you shake your head. "I'll come over tonight." He whispers into your ear.