• Imagine Tom Finding Out You Have Cancer •

You walk out of the hospital tears falling down your face. "A month? How?" You think. You continue walking until you find the tube, which was dirty as always. "Maybe that's how I got sick." More tears fall down your face because you know that wasn't how it happened. "I can't tell Tom." You murmur to yourself. The man sitting next to you looks at you like as if you were insane. "How could I possible have cancer?" You think to yourself.
For the past month Tom noticed you hadn't looked good. Today he finally convinced you to go get a check up. You convinced him not to come with you. The doctor found out you had cancer. Surprisingly you never figured what kind. When "cancer", "one month to live", and "nothing we can do" came out of the doctors mouth, everything tuned out. You saw nurses come in with a gurney. Instead of letting them take you, you ran out of the room dodging everyone. And then you were out of the hospital.
You got out of the tube and went out into the Fall weather. Your tears began to sting the face that would never get wrinkles. You turn a corner. Before Tom could see you, you bite your tongue and blink three times. You stop crying. To prevent more tears you bite your lip. You finally come to the door and you pull out your keys. But before you put the keys in the lock, Tom opens the door. His smile is big and bright. It's as big as the day the two of you became married, which was now twenty years ago. You felt your lips part into a smile.
"What's the problem?" He ask. You look into his ever changing eyes and say, "There was no problem. See nothing to worry about." He looks at you with suspicion. "What?" You ask with emphasis. "Nothing." He states. Tom puts his hands on your hips and pulls you towards him. Before you can say anything he presses his lips on yours. In return you do the same. Finally he pulls his lips away from yours and places his forehead on yours. "I love you," he says in a hushed voice. You feel a warm and salty tear fall down your face. He pulls his head back and looks at you in your e/c eyes. One of his hands brushes away the tear. "Now you have to tell me what the problem is." He tells you. You looks down at your shoes and think, "Darn it!"
You bite your lip and finally say, "Please don't get mad or upset or anything like that." He nodes his head. You take a deep breathe. Finally you say, "I have cancer." Tom looks in the opposite direction. He puts his hands in his hair and tugs at it. "Anything else?" He ask. His voice is cracked. "I only have one month to live," you blurt out after a minute paces. He looks at you, with a constant flow of tears falling from his eyes. "Darn it, Y/n! First, you can't have children and now this!" You know he didn't mean it, but it didn't stop the flow of tears. He takes one glimpse at you and more tears come from is eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry... I love you and this is hard to except." You grab his arm and pull him to the couch.
The two of you sit down and discuss the situation and what happened at the hospital. You eat and go to bed. The next day Tom finds you dead next to him. He plans your funeral and he vows to never have another wife or girlfriend because he loved you too much.