Chapter 14

Nicki was sleeping peacefully until she felt some kind of commotion around her. She tried to shake it off but it wouldn't go away. She lazily opened her eyes to find her parents and brothers looking down at her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICKI!"

She sat up and rubbing her eyes to get a clear vision of everyone smiling at her which warmed her heart. Micaiah threw himself over her with his arms wrapped around her neck. She couldn't help but laugh at how cute he was being.

"Happy birthday baby." Carol said handing her a plate with a really cute cupcake that had a pink candle on it and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Make a wish."

Nicki thought for a while then blew the candle.

"Happy Birthday sis. You're getting older every year that passes." Jelani said.

"The big one eight." Her dad said then laughed a bit. "My only daughter already turning into a woman."

"Oh, dad... We've talked about this. I'll always be your little girl."

"Alright, alright... I don't want to the one of those parents who gets too overwhelmed when they're kids grow. I'll let you open your wings and fly free." Nicki smiled and he hugged her.

"So, what are you gonna do for your special day?"

"I asked for a day off at work..." She works as a waitress in Red Lobster. She got a job in he beginning of summer. At first, it wasn't part of her plan, but she since she asked for a car has a graduation present, her parents said she had to earn the money, so there she was on her daily shift from 11 am to 5 pm. "I didn't plan anything tho."

"I see... Well, Aubrey said he was going to come around 10, so be downstairs when you're ready."

"Okay." After everybody left her room, she put the cupcake on her nightstand and went to start her morning routine.

After she showered, she lotioned herself up, and got dressed into a light pink slouchy oversized sweater that had 'Queen' written on it, some black leggings and boots. She let her hair rock it's curls. When she was done with her bad bitch check, she grabbed her cupcake rom the nightstand and ate it while making her way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Nika, you have a moustache of cream on your face." Jelani said handing her a napkin.

"Thanks." She cleaned it then scanned the island for food. Everything was looking delicious but she decided to go with some pancakes, crispy turkey bacon, eggs and buttered toast.

By the time it was 10, the siblings were playing with Micaiah in the living room. It was kind of a mess, but nothing a little cleaning wouldn't fix it. That's when they heard the door bell ringing.

"I'll get it." Nicki said. She opened the door to smiling Drake holding a big teddy bear and threw her arms around his neck, squeezing it between them.

"Some strong ass arms you got there."

"Shut up. You like them, though."

"Yeah, I do." She released him and he gave her a kiss on her cheek. "Happy Birthday bae."

"Aww, thank you boo. Come on in." She moved to side to let him. They both went to the living room where they found Carol.

"Good morning mama Carol." Drake said.

"Good morning Aubrey. They hugged.

"How have you been?"

"I've been good son, and yourself?"

"Fine, thank you. I was wondering if I can take Nicki out today."

"Of course you can. Why couldn't you?"

"Oh, I just figured you wanted to spend the day with your daughter since it's her big day."

"No. She probably wants to spend the day with you."

"Yeah, I'll go with Drake." Nicki said.

"Good. We're leaving in a bit."

"Alright. I'll just go and get my phone." She ran up to her room, grabbed her phone and left the teddy bear on her bed. Then she made her way downstairs and said goodbye to her family.

•••

"So where are you taking me?" Nicki asked as she got out of the car.

"A shopping spree for you, all on me."

"Really? Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I mean, you love shopping and it's y-..." He was cut off by Nicki pulling him by his hand into the mall.

By the time, they were done with their five-hour shopping spree, they were carrying 9 shopping bags, had taken numerous pictures, and counting.

They ran into a couple of Drake's fans. Since he was gradually getting famous, he didn't go unnoticed. He would stop, greet them and occasionally take a picture or signed an autograph, but not today. Today was his girl's day. And nobody could ruin it. Don't get him wrong, he loved his fans. Drake believed that every fan deserves a hug or a dap. And Nicki said she didn't mind, but he still could tell she got jealous at times.

They even went into a jewerly store. Drake told Nicki she could pick whatever she wanted. Nicki thought he was joking but picked a heart-shaped silver locket that was in evidence in a showcase. For her surprise, he previously had boughten it and had put their pictures in it. It was unbelievable for her how he knew her likes. She thought it was sweetest thing somebody ever did to her.

After the mall, they went to Starbucks at their usually spot. A Chestnut Praline Latte, a Gingerbread Latte, convos and laughs later, they were ready to head back home. The whole ride was filled by the radio and their voices singing along. Drake parked the car at his place, right after that he got a call. Nicki didn't really pay attention to him which was good.

"So, we're getting out or...?" She asked when he hung up.

"No, not yet." He leaned over and kissed her. She pulled his face closer to her and deepened the kiss. It turned out a make out session until they had to pull away for air. He smiled and got out and the car. Nicki did the same. She was about to carry the shopping bags when Drake ran up to her.

"I got it babe." He took all of them with him.

"Thanks." With that, they went up to Nic's house.