Chapter 38

Nicki's POV

These last few days with Safaree were so good, we did so much together. We went out for dinner, went a for a walk the beach (even though the weather is getting a little chilly), even went to the cinema but it didn't end up so well 'cause somebody had found out we were there. But at the end of the day, we stayed at home watching movies from Netflix.

Deep down I couldn't keep my mind off of Drake. I feel so bad, I've avoided him completely. All his calls, denied or simply not answered. His texts, read but not replied. Occasionally Odelle was the one who would call him using my phone and that was it.

I was in my bedroom, just messing with my phone when the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and looked through the peephole. Speaking of the devil... I rolled my eyes before opening the door.

"Hi."

"Hey." I let him in with no words.

"What's up? I've been trying to call you for days now."

"I'm sorry, I've been busy." I said.

"Busy? Really?" He asked so rhetorically but he knew damn well the answer.

"Yeah, you know Saturday is the day..."

"A lot of stress, huh?"

"There's just a lot going on, ya' know..."

"Lemme take care of that for you." he said taking a step towards me. I took a step back then turned around to walk away but he came behind me resting his hands on my hips and in one single move, he turned my whole body around. Then, gave me a quick peck.

"No Drake, not today."

That's when he fully kissed me. I tried to fight it but the more I did it, the more he deepened the kiss and the more I couldn't resist him.

(...)

We ended up doing the nasty. It was more of a quickie though, it didn't last that long.

Still in bed, Drake had his arms wrapped around my body and I had my back turned to him.

"What time is it?" I asked.

He saw wherever he saw it. "10 to 3."

"I gotta get ready... Safaree will be here any minute." I said getting up from bed. I went into my closet and grabbed a fresh pair of pants and a tank then dressed it on. I walking in the room to find Drake already dressed in his previous clothes. I slipped on my flip flops and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Why do keep you doing this?" He asked as I took a small bottle of water from the fridge and took a sip of it. "Keep doing what?"

"Everything is Safaree this, Safaree that. You can't keep going from me to him and vice versa all the time" He said it with such an emotion I never saw it in him. I put down my bottle and tried to read him.

"When did you start feeling like this?"

"Feeling like what?"

"Like you're jealous."

"Like I'm jealous? Not so much ago. Like I love you? More than 10 years ago. Nic, do you seriously think that all this time we been together I wouldn't fall for you again? And I know you've fallen for me."

Oh, here we go again... "Drake, I-..."

"And I've tried, Nicki. I tried to tell myself that it just a fling. But no. I love you and I don't just love you, I'm in love with you. Can't you see it?"

"I don't know what to say."

"As always... I just want you to tell me that you love me."

"I can't."