Chapter 6

The next morning, Nicki woke up around half past 9. She started her morning routine, and by the time she got out of the shower she was feeling so much better. She had been coughing a lot during the night. Since she didn't have any plans, she simply threw on some denim shorts and a plain white t-shirt.

Meanwhile downstairs. The doorbell rang. Carol went to answer.

"Good morning Mrs. Maraj."

"Good morning, Drake. How are you?"

"I'm fine, ma'am. And yourself?"

"I'm good, thank you."

"is Nicki home? I need to talk to her."

"Yes, she is. I'm going to call her. You can come in, if you want."

"I'm good, I'll wait here."

"Alright, suit yourself." She disappeared into the house and a minute later Nicki came down the staircase.

"Drake, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came to visit my friend."

"Oh... So, you want to hang out today?"

"Actually, I've planned it all already."

"Really? Let just put on some shoes." Drake looked down at her feet and noticed she was wearing slippers.

"I'll be wait in the car." He was about to go to his car, but Nicki grabbed him by his arm.

"No. Wait here."

"If you insist." He walked inside and sat on couch in the living room where Micaiah was watching TV. He kept staring at Drake until he was no longer comfortable.

"Hi."

"Hi." Micaiah said and continued watching his cartoons. Well, that was awkward, Drake thought.

5 minutes go by and Nicki finally came down wearing a white slouchy oversized sweatshirt, some white converse to match and the same shorts.

"So much for some shoes."

"Shut up." She slightly pushed him while chuckling. "Bye mom. I'll be back in a couple of hours ."

"Bye, honey, be safe."

"I will." And the last thing Carol heard was the sound of the door closing.

Nicki and Drake walked a bit since his car was parked at his house. He unlocked it they both got in.

"Did you have breakfast?"

"I was about to when you came."

"How about we go to Starbucks?"

"You just love Starbucks, don't you?!"

"Yeah, I do. And you can't deny you love it too."

"Yeah, you're right." He started the car and drove off.

-

"So where are we going now?"

"To the park."

"The park?"

"Yes, the park. You don't like it?"

"I love the park. It's perfect to relax." A few minutes drive and they arrived at Travers Park. They got out of the car and walked for a while until the found an empty bench and sat down. It was a calm day and there weren't too many people there. They stayed in silence absorbing the peaceful moment and the sun that tried to shine on them through the leaves of the tree they were siting under.