chapter 8

Autumns POV

We sat there in silence for a second both in thoughts probably. “You can train with me if you want. I’m at the gym after school everyday” jym said and stood up leaving before I could say anything. I appreciated his offer. And also seriously considered it. It’s not like I thought Tiago was a bad training but maybe he just wasn’t the right match.
I sat there on the bench for a little longer thinking about the previous two weeks and about my family. I’d have to call them again soon. After some minutes I pulled myself up and went back to our room where violet was already sleeping. I showered as quietly as possible and went to sleep as well.
The next school day went by quickly everything was normal. Nothing special happened. My performance remaining average. People were complementing violet wherever she went and I wanted to burst. I’m not made for this school.
After school I made my way to the gym almost too late but still on time. But of course I ran Into Tiago who I’d informed that I wouldn’t be training with him today. “So who you ditching me for” he me grinning and I rolled my eyes chuckling. “Jym offered to help me” I explained and Tiago nodded “jym huh though guy” he said “don’t forget about me though. I’ll always make some time to train with you” Tiago grinned and I smiled “thanks I appreciate it” I said and patted his shoulder. He winked and we separated.
I looked at my watch. Fuck I was late. I ran to the gym and found jym shortly already working out. “Sorry” I mumbled out of breath but he didn’t care. He commanded me to 10 burpees for every minute I was late. I glared at him groaning and maybe whined a lot but I did as said. I was already struggling at the last burpee but he continued to let me do push ups. At least he joined me getting on the floor next to me. We did some running some hand to hand and he taught me something about guns. I was beyond exhausted. He knew how he was torturing me but I was to concentrated to really say anything. So I just tried to silently get through the pain even though I couldn’t help but shoot him angry looks every once in a while. Bug deep down I knew all of this was necessary to improve. And improvement was what I wanted. We ended our training with stretching. I sat back down on the ground and sighed laying back “I’ll see you tomorrow at the jog” he smiled and I looked at him raising an eyebrow worried about what he had in mind. He clearly had a plan. “Yeah see you then” I said and got up slowly making my way home to take a shower and take a nap or whatever. Tina looked at me compassionately as I entered the room. “I’ll get better” she reassured me but I just scoffed and got in the shower.
The next morning came way to soon. Violet and I were the last ones to arrive of our little group. They were already talking once we ran over to them. “... who’s the victim today” I heard josh asked. Victim for what I asked myself until I saw the weights in jym hands. Oh no. “Autumn today for you run you’ll be wearing these weights. Yes you’ll be slower then before but just watch” jym explained and put them on my ankles. Josh laughed at me and I glared at him. This wasn’t funny at all. These things were heavy. “This was one of the hardest things” violet laughed and we all made our way to the starting line. It hated this already. “Jym I hate you” i mumbled but he just chuckled. “This is horrible” i whined getting ready to start running. “It’ll help though” he said and I groaned “I hope so.. if it doesn’t idk.. I’ll get to you somehow” I threatened him but he just laughed. Asshole.
The teacher blew the whistle and we started running. As I had predicted it was horrible and as jym had predicted I was even slower than usual but I pulled through. After a while I’d gotten used to the feeling of the weights at least. I couldn’t wait until we were done here but I tried to focus and get it done right.
When jym was done with his 5 miles he kept going helping me out and encouraging me in his way. “You’re doing well” he said and I shook my head chuckling “don’t lie to me” I said and he chuckled “maybe I am maybe I’m not” he stated and shrugged. In my desperation and exhaustion I actually had to laugh. “You’re an idiot” i Said chuckling.
Some time later I was finally done and took the weights off as fast as possible. “Here you’re weights of hell” I said grinning and tossed them to jym

Jyms

The teacher blew the whistle and we started running. When i was done with his 5 miles I decided to keep going and to help lilith out and to encourage her “You’re doing well” i said and she shook her head chuckling “don’t lie to me” she said and i chuckled “maybe I am maybe I’m not” i stated and shrugged. She then probably dying to laugh. “You’re an idiot” she Said chuckling which shocked me I must say.
When she finally finished the jog I was actually quite proud of her. She quickly took the weights off smf tossed them at me. “Here you’re weights of hell” she said grinning. I just laughed and tossed them back "not to take off unless sleeping"i said and left to my room to take a nap.
After my nice nap I went to get breakfast and then to class where I met the group. "Alright students get together" our teacher said and like that class began. Autumn didnt improve much in shooting I mean that's cause i didnt work on ot with her yet. We then went to hand to hand combat and i was very impress when autumn took down violet. I gave her a applause making everyone look at me as if I was stupid "good job autumn" I laughed and then returned my gaze to my partner. Later in the day we had weapons class. I was amazed with autumns speed still a bit behind but already much better. I kept laughing throughout the day at her evil glares she sent my way for still having to wear those weights.
I waited for autumn again at the gym and this time she was on time. "We're gonna start with leg lifts this time" I smirked at her as she groaned with those weights her legs would be even heavy. She she laid down on the mat that I provided and I joined we laid on our back hands at our sides "and lift and hold" I said it will be every uncomfortable for your stomach after a while. I could see her shaking but I told her to keep hold. "Ok and down" I said and her fells fell with a bang. "Now up and for a jog" I said smiling at her. She did so without complaining. After we did the normal things hand to hand and weapons. I also decided to teach her some better shooting skills. Then I dismissed her and wished her a goodnight also saying she did a good job today.
A whole week as past with training autumn anx I kept having her wear the weights the whole week the only time she was allowed to talk them off was to sleep. But this morning when she showed up for the morning jog I let her take them off. "Take them off and go on the jog" I smiled at her.