chapter 7

Autumns POV

The maths teacher soon started the lesson which was when jym entered the classroom and sat down next to me. The only free seat. I didn’t mind anyway.
The teacher went on talking about how to calculate a shooting distance and the time the bullet takes to travel etc. we were supposed to somehow draw or sketch something but I didn’t have a pencil. I contemplated asking jym. Maybe I should also apologize while I’m at it. “Hey jym” I whispered and he looked at me irritated “can you lend me a pencil” I asked smiling weakly and toon a short glance at his paper. Whatever he had been doodling this whole time looked really realistic. “Wow” I mumbled while he got out a pencil for me. He handed it to me without a word. “Thanks.. and I’m sorry for.. taking my anger out on you” I added quickly and turned back to my paper. Ahh this is uncomfortable. The bell rang and right before I left I put his pencil back on his table.
Since maths was over I met up with violet but before I even found her I ran into Tiago. “Hey autumn wanna Train together later” he asked and I smiled at his offer. “Sure why not. Thanks” I smiled and he nodded. We decided when and where to meet and I resumed my search for violet. I finally found her and we talked for a second until she said shed to leave now to get to jym. She also offered me to train with them but I told her that I was already training with Tiago. I thanked her though but it was probably better this way. She left to look for jym and I went on my way to meet Tiago.
First thing we did was go to the gym to train my endurance and strength. Pretty damn exhausting is all I have to say about that. Tiago was still being nice but to an extent that I wondered what his actual intentions are. I might not be good at any of this physical stuff but I can read people pretty well. And if he thought he could get with me because he’s now helping me I’ll have to disappoint him. I’ll take the extra training though. Gladly.
We then resumed where we’d left of at hand to hand combat and later he gave me a quick introduction to what the heck I was supposed to do once someone handed me a knife for example.
After some time I was visibly tired and we decided to end our training. I thanked Tiago and we separated.
As nice as he was being he continued to give me extra training for the following two weeks and it’s not like the training was useless but I was just incredibly slow at showing improvement. And by that I don’t mean my brain but more so my body. I can’t say I gave my best all the time but it made me a little angry that violet for example was doing so well all of a sudden. I was a pretty competitive person and this was not acceptable but at the same time.. what else was I supposed to do? I couldn’t do more than train whenever I could.
I was still one of the slow ones during the jogs in the morning. My hand to hand combat still consisted of almost only defending myself since there was no time to even think about offense and I knew my way around weapons but I wasn’t fast at reassembling guns for example also due to not really caring. My mindset of ‘I can’t kill someone’ was still holding me back if you could say it like that. My shooting was average but as I said. I didn’t want to be average.
One evening after another session of training with Tiago I made my way to my room exhausted and feeling sore already. The night was beautiful and the stars were out. I looked at the sky distracted and almost didn’t see jym sitting alone on a bench. I let myself fall into the bench next to him. “How’s Training with Tiago” he asked chuckling. And I just groaned. “Theoretically... it’s fine... but I know what he’s trying to do...” I said and sighed. “I just would have hoped the training would have more of an effect” I added “turns out I’m still bad at everything” I mumbled very unsatisfied with myself. “You on the other hand did a pretty great job with violet” I said a little frustrated. “Good for her” I added

Jyms POV

I could clearly tell autumn was frustrated. I wanted to help her I can tell that shes gonna be one of the beat ones here in this class. We didnt have many girls that we God rn Gemma was the best but even violet took the lead. But I could tell that autumn had something in her that could make her better. "You can train with me if you want. I'm at the gym after school everyday" I said and stood up leaving not giving her a opportunity to answer.
The next day the school day went by very quick again. Everyone was complimenting violet for becoming so good in a short time. After school like always I went to the gym where I waited for autumn. After 5 minutes and she still hasn't shown I started my own workout and then 10 minutes late she showed up out of breath "I want 10 burpies for every minute your late" I said getting off the floor. She glared at me my training wasnt easy be on time good be late show me that your really meant to be here. "On the floor stomach on the ground do a push up then jump up and continue." I said crossing my arms. After her complaining she finally did them and I could already see her arms shaking at the last push up "good now give me 20 push ups 20 second break we will then do 40, break and back to 20" I said and got on the floor next to her it went on like this until I decided to do some running "come we go outside now." I told her and we ran outside she was quiet most of the time which was nice but I could see the way she glare at me and it only made me smirk. We then did a bit hand to hand and how to put together a gun before I let her go we stretched. "I'll see you tomorrow at the jog" I smiled already having the next plan in mind. Tomorrow I'll bring some weights that will go on her ankles.
The next morning I woke and searched for where I out those weights I quickly found them in my closet then ran out to meet up with the others "good morning josh lois" I said and they greeted me back "ahh brought the weights back out who's the victim today" josh asked laughing just as she came walking towards us "autumn today for your run you'll be wearing these weights. Yes you will be slower then before but just watch" I said and put them on her ankles. Josh burst out laughing "this was one of the hardest things" violet laughed as we walked up to the starting line already autumn struggled.