019 ✧ glimpse of the past (unedited)

GLIMPSE OF THE PAST
chapter nineteen

"look, it's the freak!"

"why is he still here?"

"he's a monster, he doesn't belong here"

"are we safe with a murderer around?"

these are the words the little boy always hears ever since he accidentally used his powers. he didn't mean to scare anyone, he didn't mean to kill one of his friends, he didn't want what he have, he didn't want to be a monster or a freak. he was just protecting himself, but no one would believe him, he killed someone afterall.

"why are you here again? it's cold out here, you should be sleeping already." jimin turned around & saw the only boy who cared for him. he smiled seeing the worried expression of his hyung. "hi hyung." he smiled meekly.

"don't smile at me like that. you'll get sick if you stay here longer." the older boy was scolding him, but his smile never left his face. truly, it didn't matter if everyone thinks he's a monster as long as his hyung still looks at him as if he was an angel.

little jimin nodded his head smiling sweetly as the taller boy ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead before wishing him good night.

jimin walked back to his room with his rapidly beating heart as if it wanted to fly out of his chest. the butterflies in his stomach were no different, they made him feel as if he was floating on cloud nine.

before he entered his room he heard whispers. it's strange because every children in the orphanage should be sleeping already. he's always the only one who stays up this late. so why was he hearing voices?

and so like the curious boy he is he followed the voices. he knows that where the voice is coming from is far from where he is, but his abilities are letting him hear them. as the blonde boy turned to the left, he saw a door creaked a little. the light from the room evident in the dark hall.

jimin walked closer to the room and there he saw five boys talking, including his hyung. what were they talking about? jimin thought. his question answered by what he heard next.

"i don't care for that brat and i don't like him. he's a monster, a murderer. in fact, i was the one who told the nuns that he should be sent away because he's dangerous to us all." the anger and hatred in the boy's voice was prominent. the boy jimin trusted the most.

after hearing everything, a tear ran down his cheek. he felt like his heart was being ripped in pieces. he felt like the most stupid person.

you're stupid & naive!

no one truly loved you!

you're a murderer!

those were the line of thoughts running through the boy's mind as he ran from the orphanage he grew up in.

he was running in the woods as the heavy rain started pouring. he couldn't care less about the lightnings & thunders. the pain in his heart made him numb to his fears.

the pain all over his body from running for hours is too much for him as he collapsed to the ground. the tears in his eyes not stopping making it seem like it's possible for someone to cry endlessly.

jimin felt his eyes getting heavy. he was exhausted, both emotionally and physically. he feel like death.

and so with one last look to the raging sky, he let another nightmare consume him.

the next morning jimin woke up looking puzzled, confused of where he was at the very moment as he took in the luxurious room he was in and the feeling of the comfortable bed beneath him. that's when he noticed the bandages all over his body.

busy checking out his surroundings to notice he wasn't alone when he heard a person giggling.

he turned to his right and he almost jumped when he saw a pink-haired beautiful boy who looks like he's older than him by 3 or more summers. jimin started panicking.

"it's okay, i'm not going to hurt you. how are you feeling?" said the boy whose hands reached for jimin as the back of it laid on jimin's cheek and forehead. the gentleness of the boy in front of him was hypnotizing that he had to close his eyes to feel the warmth from the older.

jin smiled at the adorable boy in front of him. they stayed for a few moments like that before the door opened harshly and behind it came an overexcited boy whose smile reached both of his ears as his eyes twinkled like the starlights.

jimin, startled by the sound of the door immediately sat up straight looking at the stranger in front of him. this one doesn't look intimidating, but more like an angel.

"oh you're awake! i'm taehyung, and you are?" taehyung asked after he successfully climbed on top of the bed.

jimin blushed from the close distance between them as he stared at the boy's intoxicating golden orbs. jimin turned his head to jin awkwardly and the older nodded.

"m-my n-n-name is jim-m-in." he stuttered. he thought his voice wouldn't come out, but it did.

"hi jimin. your hair is beautiful. it looks like the sun!" the boy said stroking jimin's blonde locks enjoying the feeling of the smooth strands on his golden-tanned hands. the latter just smiled at how adorable the boy looked.

so he gathered all his courage to compliment the enthusiastic boy back. "i love your silver hair, they look like the moon." he said softly, but both jin & taehyung still heard it.

"that's it! from now on we're soulmates, i am the moon & you are the sun!" the latter announced gleefully as he took jimin in a hug making him wince from the pain. that's when taehyung remembered jimin's wounds, whispering a soft sorry while giggling shyly.

the pink-haired boy fake-coughed to get both of their attentions. "what about me?" he asked expectantly, pouting.

"i know" taehyung held his hands up saying he has a good idea. he looked at jimin and said. "jinnie can be the universe, the one that will hold & protect us forever. right hyung?" the grey-haired boy looked at his hyung.

seokjin then nodded and spread out his arms waiting for jimin & taehyung to accept his embrace and so both of the boys did.

"i will forever hold & protect you both." a promise that will stand until the older boy's final breath.

that day jimin found a home in jin & taehyung's arms.

vote & comment
🕯

author's note :

     i'm so sorry for the late and short update. i have been very busy, but i want you to know the reason why jin & taehyung didn't want to tell jimin about the quartet's betrayal. thank you for reading! xoxo