48: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

"So far, I can only put up four, and I already have two here and two in Spades."

Dia said while counting with his fingers.

"Wait! Why Spade have two?! That country have the strongest knight in the Empire?! No! They have the strongest battalion! Moreover the king himself is a battalion!"

Dia tilt his head and put both of his hands on his hands.

"That man is like child! I will never be able to leave Dream to the likes of him!"

'Said by the child himself, tsk.. What is Joseph doing?! Is he playing house or something?!'

"Yeah, yeah, you treasure the millenial princess..." Then it hits Benjamin. "Wait, ain't it feel like we are heading the same story of the legend?!"

"Legend?"

"Yeah, the founding of the empire have a legend...."

"Wait!"

"What?!" Benjamin is surprised with Dia cutting his line of thoughts.

"That is a perfect bed story! Tell it on the bed." Then Dia grabbed Benjamin out of the office. "Let's hurry before you forget, cause you're old."

"Wha-?! Wait! I am not sleeping there."

The knights at the hallway turn their ears to them. Benjamin fix his posture and clears his throat.

"Ain't there another one?"

Dia thought for a while before he gets what Benjamin mean. The barrier power of the seal and the seal being on Dia is still a secret they are trying so hard to hide. The duo is trying to be discreet with their conversation.

"Well, yeah... It is in my room-"

"Nice, thanks!" Benjamin broke out of Dia's grasp and run towards the child's room.

Dia did not managed to finish his sentence but he just shrugged it off.

"I'll just ask grandad about the legend."

Benjamin happily walk while skipping to his son's chamber. The knights all watch him with weird look which is the norm.

'Yup! That is perfect!'

He does not like the loving look the knights gave him during the day, he would rather be looked with disgust than be involved with such itchy emotions of human stupidly seek out from others.

Benjamin stood at the front of the door filled with excitement.

"Ah.... Freedom at last."

However when he opened the door, he soon realizes the overwhelming presence of life. Then a pair of glowing eyes stared at him, then another, then another and then another. He automatically shut the door to his face, and keeled over.

'Ahh!! I forgot that the boy is weirder than me!'

He doesn't want to know what are the beings inside the chamber, but the way their eyes glow in that darkness just tells him, those are beasts.

Benjamin sadly walked back to the chamber of the Emperor, then he glanced to the faces of the knights, who are back with their loving look.

'Ahh! Just kill me T.T.'

Benjamin looked outside the big window and started praying that his best friend Joseph finish cleaning up the border of the Diamond Country.

....

Night has deeply fallen. Joseph was so sure they will be done before sunset but unprecedented thing happened. The foreigners have a strange way of fighting and are quite fast, though they are not even a quarter stronger than him or any of his knights. They have sacrificed power over speed, a perfect ability for assassination and escaping Joseph's grasp like leeches. Joseph abandoned his armor to be able to move faster and he managed to get rid most of them, However Joseph is still in a fickle, there is only one enemy that remains but it is hard for him to go all out because it appears that the enemy have a hostage with him.

A little girl.

Joseph is raging with pure fury but he cannot unleash any of it because of fear that the possibility that the girl in his enemy's hands is her daughter.

The knights and Joseph continued on just following the enemy's tracks and making sure that he will not get any further away from the border. It will be a problem if the foreigners have another means to go back to their home land.

The Empire's knowledge about the other two continents are sparse, they are not aware if they practice spells or magic like they do or they have equal amount of power like the four seals. For as long as their history entails, any foreign beings tries to come in were taken care of with ease. It is not that the Empire have impeccable barrier but they have impeccable defense from the four sides of the Empire.

Joseph started the hunting as soon as he left Benjamin's office. He does not believe that the assassins entered the Diamond Country's borders but they did built a hidden camp in the forest which disturb the wild beasts.

Dia approached Joseph about this situation before he headed out with his knights. The boy who is the current lord and liason of the forest told him about the disturbance and the increasing injuries of beasts which tried to shoo away the foreigners. For the first time Joseph witnessed a diamond seal bearer anguish, Joseph was taken aback but accepted the boy's plea, well moreover order.

The boy's anger seems to be about how the foreigners killed some of the strongest beasts which are ones that rule their groups. The foreigners squeezed the beasts bloods and drained them  dry to 7se as s surrounding barrier for their hidden camp to make the other beasts from coming near their hideout.

To Joseph's point of view, it is one of the oldest trick in the book. They used to do that in war when they have to set up camps in in the middle of the area of conflict, but it rarely happens because wars does not happen in the forests nor they have to fight the beasts over territorial rights.

Joseph stopped from pursuing for a moment and two of his Knights stopped with him, while the rest continues.

"This won't do, I thought we can make that foreigner tired soon enough, but it seems that it is not going to happen soon."

He can chase the man to the end of the world and Joseph will still have tons of energy, but time is the issue. It will be dawn soon and he have to be back to Spade before dawn breaks in. He does not want the people in the castle to be aware of his absence.

"Grab me one of the dead foreigner."

"Yes Sire!"

The knight hurriedly went back to grab one of the body.

"And you, let them know to make that cockroach go this way."

"Yes Sire!"

They are the ones who started this kind of game, Joseph does not mind on playing along.