48: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Start from the beginning

"This is not a something we should show to a young child. We will excuse ourselves for now. You can send your appeal towards the king later when everyone calms down."

"NO!! Please Sir Kaleid! Anything but that! Please hear us out! Please my queen!"

The women started kneeling and grabbing Kaleid's trouser so he could not step out of the garden.

The queen sighed and finally spoke out a solution.

"There should be a reason why the children acted that way. We will not speak of this event until we find out why. Kaleid, you can talk to me later. You should put the princess down for a nap."

The ladies let go of Kaleid and tried to composed themselves from sobbing.

"Kaleid, you should find some trustworthy maids that will look after the princess so this does not happen again in the future."

The queen then told the ladies to pick up their children and go home for today, with reassurring them that they need to find the cause of the earlier uproar.

Kaleid did not stay long and calmly walked back to the clover palace to calm down the princess who is clenching his clothes.

Kaleid enter the princess's chamber and sat her down on the receiving area's couch. Kaleid stared at the looking down princess who is clenching her knees. Kaleid pat her tiny hands gently. He does not want to force the information out of her and just waited for her to open up.

"When I grow up, am I going to eat children?"

Kaleid was surprised by her words. Nobody know but Dia that she is a reincarnated soul, however, she is new to this environment just like every child. She is aware how much people fear her parent, even though she have not seen his scariest acts. She knows that the fears of the people are not an unfounded and with no reason at all. Behind her mind, she fears that she will be someone or they will forced her to be someone so hideous and evil.

"Princess...."

Kaleid speaks of her name in most gentle tone. Dream's eyelids became warm and tears are pending to fall the for the third time she has been living in this world.

"Our princess will grow to the most graceful and beautiful lady in the whole Empire, no, the whole world to see."

Kaleid lift up her head and wiped away the tears building up on the side of her eyes.

"The princess will smile away all the evil of the world. The Spade may be dark and sad but that was because for a millenium, this land waited for you to be born. The Heavenly Father gave us the greatest gift, a light that will shine far beyond and change Spade for the better."

Kaleid smiles and Dream cannot help it but return his gesture. She knows those gentle words are but nothing just to appease her emotions, however for now she wants to believe that she have such ability to be the light he asks for.

.....

Night has fallen at the Diamond Country and a man is filled with an unusual sense of anxiety.

Benjamin is pacing back and forth in his office while biting his fingers. Then the tiny knocks on the door made him jump.

Dia opened the door and told him to hurry up and come to bed with him. Benjamin sighed loudly and Dia tilt his head with the man's obvious refusal.

"Can't you just make me my own barrier?"

"Did I forget to tell you? I can only put up so much with my current abilities."

Dia is actually an exceptional Diamond seal bearer according to the Emperor. So far, Dia is the only that had managed to lure out most of the Diamond seal's abilities and he is still young and will still get stronger. However, at this moment, Benjamin is so ready to beg on his knees to be showered with more extension of the child's power. He would rather shame himself here than go back and sleep with the grandfather and grandson duo and be part of the ridiculous conversations of the knights.