17 - Happy

Becky
I woke up, in my own bed with the man I love next to me. I know I have to go to physio again today, they changed my appointments so I go every day now. Ashley didn't come home last night, they wanted her to stay in the hospital until the babies had s stable body temperature or something. I pushed my legs off the bed but winced as they painfully collided with the draws, I stood up testing my limit before quickly sitting back down. I accidentally bounced the bed a little too hard causing Colby to wake up.

"Morning sleepyhead, sorry for waking you."

"It's alright, I was awake anyway."

I laughed as he yawned.

"Whatever you say."

I leaned down to give him a quick peck on the lips before moving to my chair and going for a bath. After I got into some leggings and one of Colby's t-shirts. I saw him blush like mad when I wheeled back into the bedroom.

"I'm gonna head to physio, love you."

"Do you want me to drive you there?"

"No, Demi my physiotherapist is picking me up."

"Alright then, see you later love."

"Bye, oh wait. Carry me down the stairs."

"Yeah sure."

Once I arrived at physio, we started by doing the usual, leg stretches and standing. But she wanted to push me further, she wanted me to take a step. I stood up and shakily moved forward to take a step. My legs started to shake even more. I quickly transferred all my weight on my other leg before taking another step. The smile grew bigger and bigger on my face as I took more steps. I went to take a fourth step but became unbalanced and fell.

"You did great, from not taking a single step to taking three. That's amazing."

I smiled at myself contempt with the fact I'm finally walking again.

*1 month later*

I am so so tired, all I do is wake up go to physio eat food and then go back to sleep. The thing is I don't even get a good sleep because Amber and Leah are up all night screaming. Is now almost March and I can feel the fire inside me start to ignite. As soon as I'm ready to start training properly again I will. I'm currently walking around, they want me to try and run, but I can't. Once I run again, I'll be desperate to get back between the ropes which will only hurt me. I still can't really walk full time, but I have crutches now instead of a wheelchair which is an improvement. I honestly can't wait until royal rumble 2020 because that's going to be the biggest day of my life and the most unforgettable days of my life. I've also decided to start going to the gym to do weights and stuff I can do. The dark clouds in my life are finally starting to move away, the sunshine is starting to peak through.

*2 months later*

I can do everything, I've surpassed every expectation they have of me. All I need now is to be cleared for training. I can walk unaided, I go for runs, I can cycle and swim. Today I'm finally having my evaluation and Colby is here. If I pass this test I'm cleared for training, I can go back to the performance centre and train like I did when I first joined WWE. We're currently in the waiting room, I do feel slightly queasy as my nerves flare up. I get called in and give Colby a long kiss before we walk in.

"You'll smash this'll love."

I sat down, Colby sat across from me.

"Rebecca its time for your evaluation firstly we need to get your details like your date of birth, your full name and address please."

I looked up at Colby and noticed Demi was now also sitting next to him. I quickly answered the questions trying to sound as calm as possible. The evaluation began with me doing a few different exercises. Then I was asked to walk around the room and finally I had to run on a treadmill. I was a bit shaky to start with but I think everyone is when they start running on a treadmill. I felt like I was going to be sick when he starting writing things down. He spoke in a sad tone which made me want to cry.

"Right Rebecca, how do you think today's evaluation went?"

I didn't know what to say, I took a moment before replying.

"Good."

"Well you would be correct to think that, Congratulations Rebecca you are cleared."

I felt my eyes welling up with tears. I felt Colby hug me from behind and start kissing my head. I looked as he stamped my papers with a cleared stamp next to the date 29th May 2019. I was smiling and so was Colby. I pulled him around so I could kiss him. I am cleared, I can go back to training. My life is finally pulling together, I've got the man and the dream job. Me and Colby walked out hand in hand.

"Becks I've got a little surprise for you."

"Okay?"

"Just follow me."

We walked across a nearby park and towards this 'hidden' sunken garden bit. Colby pulled me into him.

"I love you, I'm so so proud of you."

"I couldn't have done any of this without you."

"Rebecca, you are my everything, you are an incredible woman I am honestly so lucky to have you. So that's why it has to be today."

I looked at him slightly confused, he took a step back and got down on one knee.

"Rebecca Quin will you marry me?"

I felt a warm feeling spreading through my body and my earlier tears were coming back. I never thought this would happen.

"Yes, a million times yes."

He slid the ring on my finger before picking me up and swirling me around.

"No matter how fucked up things get, I'll never stop loving you."

"Well your stuck with me for life Lopez."

"I couldn't ask for anything more."

Colby took off his jacket so that I could sit on it. I know how gentlemanly of him. We laid down and let our bodies tangle together. For the first time in a very very long time I felt at peace and that's all because I have the best man in the world in my corner. Technically I'm now Rebecca Lopez, mmm that does sound nice. Once I'm back in the ring things will finally be back to normal, I can get married and become raw or smack down women's champion again and that's all because of him. Without him I would've topped myself right at the very start, he will never truly know how much I love him. It's crazy to think that this all started with a coffee hookup and a car crash. I'm so happy right now and nothing will change that.
A/N: Right Hello again, I feel it's unfair to release all four of the final chapter at the same time, so I'm releasing this one and the next more spaced out and the final two chapters will be released at the same time. I'm doing this because I feel it's unfair to make you guys wait like a month or something for the chapters. Also I really appreciate all the feedback I received from the Authors note, you guys really helped a lot. So I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you soon :)