~Chapter Eight~

No POV

"Lucky! You're home! How was school!?" Asked a sweet voice. Sting walked over to Lucy and hugged her tightly.

"Hey, hey, hey!! I need oxygen in my lungs at all times." Lucy protested, scooting away after kissing his cheek. "It was good." She smiled and removed her shoes.

"Lucy. Please tell me you know what you're going to wear if you're already home this late." Her father interrupted, walking towards her in a brown suit and dress shoes.

"Father please-" Sting began with a worried tone.

"Is there a problem, Sting?" Jude asked him with atttitude. Sting took a step back. "Go get dressed, you are to accompany us."

"Yes father." Sting bowed and left to his room.

"So? Do you know what you are going to wear? How to act? Who the man you are to marry is? When we are to arrive? Do you know what time it is!?" Jude asked her, growing angrier with each word.

"No father, I do not."

"And so why are you home so late! It is nearly 7:30pm!"

"I didn't mean to father! I-I was just... I ran into someone in the halls and got caught with time! I can figure out what to wear quickly, I already have an idea!"

"I want you to be ready and looking spotless in thirty minutes."

"Alright." Lucy quickly responded, bowing and running up the stairs. She entered her bathroom and turned on the shower, washing herself as quickly as possible. She exited and quickly dried her hair while putting on makeup and curling her locks. She slipped on a knee-length white dress. It almost looked like a wedding dress but was much to short to be even considered one. The skin tight top of the dress and frilly, loose bottom end shone under the light. "Why the hell are we going so late, anyways!?" She whined to herself and checked herself in the mirror. She quickly slipped on a pair of thin white, 3 inch heels with buckles that ran around her ankles.
She left her room and quickly made her way downstairs, faced with Sting and her father. Sting held out his hand and smiled.

"You looked beautiful, Lucky!" He said sweetly, taking her hand and pulling her into a hug.

"Thanks, Sting. You don't look bad yourself~" the two laughed together and turned to Jude.

"Are you ready? The driver is here."

Ding
Dong

The three stood at the door, Jude in front of his children. The door clicked open to reveal a guard/butler standing by the door. Acnologia stood in front of the Heartfilia's with Nastu. Lucy caught the eyes of her fiancé and her own widened. She looked down to the side and avoided his gaze. Natsu played it off cool and shook Jude's hand as he entered. Sting did the same and told Lucy (who was too shocked to enter) to come inside. She shook her head and stepped inside. Shaking the hand of Acnologia and catching the eye of her father who glared at her. She swallowed and looked up to meet the gaze of her fiancé, shaking his hand and bowing. Natsu did the same and the two walked side by side to where they would all sit.
They all rested at the living room on two sofas that faced eachother.

"Jude! It's been so long!" Acnologia smiled nervously and and 'happily'.

"Acno! How long? Almost a year, I'd say!"

"Hahaha~! That's right." The two continued speaking to eachother. Sting stood by the sofa, not wanting to interrupt and instead staring at Asahi who did the same as him. The two grinned at eachother.
Natsu placed his forearms on the table in front of him and spun a pen he had around on the glass of the table. Lucy looked down at his actions and noticed his red knuckles, wanting suddenly to wrap them in bandages and kiss them lightly. She blushed and shook her head unnoticeably. "Well, shall your daughter and Natsu go out and get to know eachother?" Acnologia suggested, pointing to a large balcony out of the window.