~Chapter Five~

No POV

"What's the point of loving someone if it isn't yourself? It's a waste of time unless you intend on marrying that person. The best feeling in the world is knowing that you have someone by your side. Love is a drug. That's why people love to get high on it, and then they get addicted without knowing it and suddenly their whole worlds revolve around the concept. Do people actually fall in love or do they just get drunk on the feeling of being happily by someone's side? How do you know you've fallen in love? What does it mean to fall in love?" The man questioned. The Ferris Wheel reached it's peak and stopped. The long stringy clouds in the sky along with the low level of the sun created a red and pink hue.

"What does it mean to fall in love?" Lucy's eyes softened. She sighed lightly and smiled. "It's when you want to touch someone. Be with them all the time and kiss them. Hug them and hold their hand. You want them." She finished, proud of her statement.

"All of those things you stated..." the man looked directly into her eyes, the sunlight hitting his face and making his eyes glow. Half of his face was covered with shade, creating a creepy mood. "Are... things you already have and get. Hugs, kisses and hand holding all come from family and friends. The need to be with someone constantly comes from friends. And the rest are all natural sexual desire." The man finished. Lucy's eyes widen. Everything she thought she knew about love and about her own feelings had gone down the drain after only a few sentences spoken by the man she felt that same way about. "You see?" The man leaned back in his seat and placed his veiny hand on top of the other in front of him. "You get it, right?"

"N-no! That's not true either! What about getting pregnant and marrying!? You can't happily be with someone you don't love in that kind of relationship." Lucy spoke, clenching her fists somehow in order to emphasize her point. The man closed his eyes and shook his head.

"You're an interesting one, you know..." he said.

"How so?"

"Most people don't like to look into my eyes."

" And why's that?"

"I don't actually know. What does it mean when someone shivers and looks at their feet the entire conversation?"

"It seems you aren't much of a people person."

"Hm... many people would take that as an insult, you're lucky I don't."

"Oh sorry! I grew up with two elder brothers so I think I may have began saying hurtful things without realizing it..."

"Does that make me the opposite?"

"Oh, you have two sisters!?" Lucy's eyes lit up in excitement. Imagine their smooth tan skin and thin, gaze-catching eyes~! Oh how lovely! It must be that his parents were of highest class and their entire family was made of good looks!

"I have an elder brother and two younger sisters."

"Do you mind if I ask their names?" Lucy asked politely.

"My elder brother is named Zeref. My younger sisters are Touka and Wendy. Wendy is the youngest, she's 14. Touka is 16 and Zeref is 20.." The man spoke, opening his eyes and taking one more look at the sunset. "My parents passed away right after giving birth to Wendy, so she never met them. They were named Igneel and Grandeena Dragneel," She had finally found out his last name.

"Wow, what a large family!" The man's eyes widened at her words. He slowly looked over at her and watched as she stared into his eyes. " Oh well, my brothers are named Sting and Laxus. Laxus is the oldest, he's 25 while Sting is 23. My parents are named Jude and Layla." The man softened his gaze and looked away, leaning his chin on his hand.