Hidden Secrets: Chapter One

While Branch was walking trough the forest, he kept hearing loud whispers. He tried to ignore it but it gets louder and louder.

He thought its just his head messing with him, but it wasnt.

Branch finally arrived at the bunker, but there was something next to the trapdoor. "When did this box get here?" Branch asked to himself, checking if its for him or not but there were nothing but plain box.

He went inside his bunker with the box, staring at it. He got curious and just took a peek inside the box.

He looked inside, nothing but paper. Branch took the paper, and looked at it. "Blank? Who would put this out of no where?"

He arrived to the underground, walking while staring to the paper. "There's gotta be something about this paper" he sat on a chair, still staring at the paper.

After a few minutes, he gave up and threw the paper above the bloody rock. "Great, now its covered in blood-" he noticed something different from the paper. Branch immediately took the paper and looked at it. "This is some weird art, but somehow it feels like I read something about this" he said to himself. He looked behind the paper. "New Memories shall be lost within the darkness" Branch is getting confused, putting the paper back at the box.

Branch went to his bed, laying down, trying not to think about the paper. He closed his eyes, and went to sleep.

5:25 am

Branch started dreaming about yesterday. But then the memories started to go dark. He started sweating a little. Every memories from the recent weeks keeps getting darker and darker. Branch started sweating more and crying outside his dream.

He see's nothing but darkness blocking out the memories he had. Feeling nothing but sadness again.

7:10 am

Branch woke up, getting up on his bed, heading to the bathroom. He looked at the mirror, and jumped. "W-When did I get my colors back?!" he asked himself, terrified. He looked down at his arms, looking at his faded cuts. "A-And when did I get this scars?" Branch started freaking out, trying to remember what happend yesterday. He only remembered the party few days ago. "But I swear I just sat above the tree staring at the party!"

Branch rushed outside the bathroom, and noticed a bloody rock on his shelf, "When did this get here too?" he looked around and saw the box, "Am I going crazy?!" Branch thought he needed fresh air so he went to his elevator, and pulled the lever.

He opened the trapdoor with Poppy in front of him, smiling widely. "Goodmorning Branch!" Branch got irritated, "You're not gonna give up arent you?" Branch replied, making Poppy confused. "Branch did you forgot what happend yesterday?" Poppy asked. "We're together now! remember?" Branch's eyes widened hearing that, looking away at Poppy. "Poppy, dont make lies in front of me, Me going to the party yesterday doesnt mean we're together immediately" Branch replied.

Poppy started feeling heartbroken, "Branch, you havent been to a party except that one day last week" Branch got confused, "What do you mean, that was yesterday" Branch started getting more and more confused. "Look if your here to just annoy me, leave" Branch said coldhearted.

Poppy got crushed, crying and ran away. "W-Wait I didnt mean to!" Branch yelled out, but Poppy ignored him and kept running. Branch sighed, feeling guilty, but familiar. He went back down on his bunker, still confused what Poppy was saying to him.

Poppy arrived back to Troll Village, running to her pod. But someone blocked her way, "Poppy? Whats wrong?" Creek asked, hugging Poppy. "I-I-Its Branch.." Poppy replied, hugging Creek back. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Creek asked. Poppy nodded, Creek led the way to her pod.

As they arrived inside Poppy's pod. They sat down on a couch. "So tell me, what happend between you and Branch?" Creek started. "Y-Yesterday he came here to apologize, I made him sing and he made me dance with him. We kissed each other. Then he left to go back to his bunker. And now he-he.." Poppy stopped for a little while. "He acted like he forgot everything that happend.." Poppy finished.

Creek was shocked. "Maybe you shouldnt have trusted him in the first place" Creek said, Poppy agreed. "Ill never forgive him for playing with my feelings.." Poppy said with a slight anger. "If he ever try to talk to you, just call me. Ill always there for you" Creek said with a calm voice. Poppy hugged Creek, she blushed a little. "Thanks Creek" Creek hugged Poppy back, "No problem Poppy" Creek replied.

"Anything else you need?" Creek asked. "I think im good now thanks to you" Poppy replied. Creek smiled and went to the door, waving goodbye to Poppy. She waved back with a wide smile.

Meanwhile with Branch

Branch was laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling, still thinking about stuff Poppy said to him. "Did I lose my memories or was she just crazy" Branch asked himself.

Branch got up on his bed and went to his bookshelf. He picked up a book about memory loss, he started reading the book. "This paper will be appeared blank, but when it interacted on someones blood, that someone will lose their memories till the day their happiness starts" He read out loud. "Seems familiar.." He suddenly remembered the box that was randomly there.

He went towards the box. He opened it slowly, and inside it there is a blank paper. He looked on the book trying to find out how to know if its the one or not. "The simple way to know if its the paper is to try and rip it apart. If it didnt break, its most likely its the paper" Branch read aloud again.

He picked up the paper and tried to rip it apart, The paper didnt break. Branch gasped now knowing everything makes sense now to him. He looked at the dried bloody rock. "So did I do that.." Branch shook his head off trying not to think about it. Then suddenly he remembered cutting himself.

Branch fell down on his knees, looking sad and depressed.

Few minutes later he looked back at the book trying to find out how to remember everything. "The only way to remember is to experience or imagine it happend" he readed.

Branch spaced out for a few minutes.

He then immediately closed the book and ran towards the elevator with the book.

He pulled the lever, being on a hurry.

He arrived on the surface and ran towards the Troll Village.

Branch see's the Village and ran faster. Right after he left the part of the forest, he got blocked off by Creek.

"Where do you think your going" Creek asked angrily. "I-I need to see Poppy!" Branch replied on a hurry. "And play with her feelings again? Not gonna happend buddy" Creek said. "I wasnt playing with her! I-I just lost my memories and I need to remember everything!" Branch said, about to cry. "Yeah like i'd believe that" Creek crossed his arm "Please let me see her!" Branch cried out. "Just give it up, you player" Creek did a deadly stare at Branch.

Branch felt crushed. He attempted to run around Creek. but he kicked Branch to the ground after he went behind Creek. "Agh!" Branch yelped in pain. "Leave or ill make it worst" Creek said. But Branch stood up and continued running. "Hey get back here!" Creek yelled. Branch continued running faster.

When Branch finally see's Poppy's pod, he yelled out "POPPY!" screaming on the top of his lungs. Poppy heard the scream and immediately went outside. "Whats wro-" Poppy immediately stopped when she saw Branch was the one calling for her. "Oh." Poppy said, going back inside.

"Oh you've gotta be kidding me" Branch said to himself angrily. Creek had enough and grabbed Branch's foot with his hair. "Agh hey!" Branch fell down on the ground really hard.

Creek pulled his hair to get Branch closer. "Why do you want to play with her feelings huh?" Creek asked angrily. Branch had enough, "I JUST WANT TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?!" Branch snapped.

Making Creek let go of Branch. And Poppy heard Branch cleary from her pod. She went outside "What is going on?!" She asked. "Poppy, just let me explain!" Branch replied. "I dont wanna talk to you, player"

Branch jumped to Poppy and immediately hugged her. "Let me go!" Poppy struggled being free from Branch. "Please Poppy, let me explain.." Branch whispered to Poppy. She sighed.

"Fine"