Gray: Chapter Four

After a few hours. The Snack Pack was about to leave. Poppy waved goodbye while Branch was still there, outside Poppy's door. "Anything in your mind Branch?" Poppy asked.

Branch spaced out for a couple seconds, then shaking his head, suddenly hugged Poppy. "Woah there! Whats with you Branch?" Poppy asked, suprised since Branch was never usually the one starting the hugs. "I just felt like hugging you, thats all" Branch replied with a soft, calming voice.

Poppy hugged back. They stayed in the position for a few minutes. Then Branch let go, smiling to Poppy. She smiled back, then Branch turned around going back to the forest. But Branch wanted to stay longer. He stopped, turning his head to face Poppy. "Could I.. Stay for the night?" Branch asked, looking down at his fingers while playing with them.

Poppy smiled widely, "Of course! I would love to!" Branch's eyes widened and smiled. This time, with his teeth showed. Poppy gasped as she saw Branch like that, "Branch! Your smile!" Branch giggled a little.

Branch grabbed Poppy's hand, going in her pod. "Lets go!" Branch said, as Poppy was also suprised how excited he was.

Poppy and Branch spent time for a while. Then Branch looked up to the clock. 11:37 pm

Poppy yawned, "We should sleep now, its pretty late" Branch suggested. Poppy nodded slowly with a tired face. She went onto her bed, as Branch realized he didnt know where to sleep.

Branch was too embarrassed to ask, but he also wanted to. "C-Could I umm.. Sleep with you?" Branch asked, feeling very embarrassed, hiding his face with his hands. Poppy blushed a little, "S-Sure" she replied.

Branch awkwardly went onto her bed, laying down with her facing each other. "Well this is.. Interesting" Branch said, feeling very awkward. He turned around trying to avoid feeling more awkward. Poppy did the same. They both started blinking to sleep, trying to get their mind of each other.

The next day at 6:28 am

Branch woke up, yawning then looking around. He immediately remembered everything, blushing as he looked down on his right. Seeing Poppy sleeping. "Heh, cute- wait what am I thinking" he shook his head. Getting out of the bed, stretching his body. He wanted to hang out with Poppy but he thought it would be rude to wake her up.

He tried to make breakfast for her.

Couple minutes later, Poppy finally woke up, yawning and stretching her arms up. She smelled the air, "Whats that smell" she asked tiredly. "Breakfast" Branch replied.

Poppy got up to bed, approaching to Branch. Then hugging his chest. He just stayed like this since he liked the warmth. But for a few seconds, she let go of him. But Branch wanted to stay like that forever.

After a few minutes, Branch was finally done making breakfast. Poppy was waiting at the dining table. She looked at the food Branch was gonna bring, then putting down they're food.

After a few minutes, they finished their breakfast. "Do you want tea?" Branch asked. Poppy nodded as Branch stood up and make tea.

Branch came back and putted tea at the table. As Branch sat down and sipping on his tea, he stared at Poppy. She started feeling uncomfortable as when he was staring at her.

Branch was slowly getting closer, he didnt noticed he was, but he just did. They both looked like they were about to kiss. But suddenly, Branch felt something happening to his body. He gasped looked down at his body slowly getting his colors back. "Branch! Is that your-" Poppy got cut off when Branch dropped his tea. Holding his head with both of his hands. "Oh no no no.. No!" Poppy was confused why he wasnt liking his colors coming back. Branch started trying to brush his parts of the body with the colors. "Branch? Whats wrong?" Poppy asked, as Branch looked at Poppy. Terrified. "I dont want to be happy! I dont deserve to be happy!" Branch started sobbing as his colors are almost showing back.

Poppy's heart felt like it shattered in small pieces when she heard what Branch said. "Everyone deserve to be happy." she calmy said, holding Branch's shaking hands.

Branch started crying more "How do I deserve it when I-I killed my grandma?!" Poppy went silent. Apparently, Branch shouted that line, letting the Trolls nearby heard him screamed.

Worst part for Branch is, the whole Snack Pack, was nearby. But luckily for him, Nobody else was around. Branch started breathing heavily and fast. Like he was about to get a panic attack. "B-Branch! Calm down!" Poppy said, then the Snack Pack entered Poppy's pod out of curiousity. "Great.." Branch groaned still breathing fast and heavy.

The Snack Pack was confused who he was, they figured it was Branch. But Branch was gray, not blue. "Poppy, who is this that looks like Branch?" Biggie asked. "That is Branch" Poppy replied. The group gasped in suprise and maybe in happiness. "But why does he look terrified?" Smidge asked. Everyone went silent.

Branch couldnt handle it and just pushed the Snack Pack blocking the way. Running towards the forest, crying. Poppy was about to cry. "Lets go guys, I think Poppy needs some time alone after what happend" Biggie said, leaving the pod. The rest followed him out, leaving Poppy alone. Dropped down on her knees, crying.

Her colors.. Started fading away, thinking about what Branch said. She got up, then looking at the mirror seeing.. "Im.. Half gray.." her colors didnt seem to fade even further. She sighed and sat down at her bed, looking at the ceiling.

Meanwhile with Branch

After few minutes of running, he saw his bunker, quickly opening the trap door, shutting it down forcefully. Dropped down at his knees, crying on the elevator. Even when he arrived at the underground, he still continued crying and stayed still. Somehow, his colors weren't fading away again.

He stared at his blue hands. His colors reminded him the bad memories. He sighed and just headed to his bedroom.

As he entered his bedroom, almost immediately staring at the dry bloody rock. He pulled up his sleeves, staring at his dry cuts.

He picked up the dry bloody rock. Staring at it, slowly getting furious for getting his colors back. About to stab his chest with it but suddenly something or someone held his shoulders from behind. "Poppy why dont you just-" He turned around, shocked that he dropped the rock. "G-Grandma? B-But how? I thought you were-" Rosie calmy covered Branch's mouth. "Im not actually alive, im temporarly here so I could talk to you" Rosie said calmy and softly.

Branch burst out of tears hugging his ghost Grandma thightly. "I-I.. You didnt deserve to die grandma! I should be the one dead.." Branch said with a cracky voice. Rosie hugged him back. "You dont deserve to die, Branch. Do me a favour and dont die, and be happy" she rubbed Branch's back slowly, making him calmed down.

"I-I dont think I can do the happy part.." Branch replied.
"Everyone deserves to be happy Branch, no matter what you think. I would be very proud of you if I see your beautiful smile everyday" Rosie looked at Branch closely. "Everyone will always love you" Rosie started fading away. "G-Grandma! Please stay longer!" Branch started crying more as he watched her fading away. "All I want is for you to be happy. Do that, for me Branchy" Rosie disappeared.

Branch fell down on his knees, crying. He thought about what his Grandma told him.

Happy..
Do I really deserve it..?