Chapter 22

I suck. I update like a damn sloth which is a insult to sloths cause I am slower. So here's a 3.7k chapter as an apology with some taekook steam. Enjoy💗

Or nah (SoMo remix)

1:05  ───|────── 3:21

|◁              II             ▷|

                          ∞            ↺

_

___________________________________

Waves of heat coursed through his blood, a cold sweat glistened in his gaunt features. His eyes sunken and his skin sallow, everything ached, everything sagged. The glass of water stared at him from the bedside table, jungkook took a sip and plopped back onto the velvet clothed couch.

He felt a upcoming fever on the way and groaned while combing his fingers through his hair. Its only been a day since he decided to bring down south Korea's most dangerous mobsters down but his immune system decided fuck him over.

But as we all know, something like that will never stop Jeon Jungkook from going on about his plan. He talked to Jimin the whole time yesterday on the cell about his planned escapade.

The said male was nothing but delighted for him to go through  with his master scheme. After all, Jimin wasn't fond of the Kims as well.

His first job for the day is to scan the house- correction the mansion he was living in right now. Every wall and every corner then memorise where everything was situated.  In order to do this, he had to take a subtle tour around the mansion which leads to possible interactions with the Kims. He groaned at the last part.

His introvert awkward self always hated that part. If he were to meet those hyungs of Taehyung's or his family members he would have a hard time making a conversation with them. Even back then when they were on their missions, Jimin always did the talking with his flirty nature and smooth-talking skill. His gorgeous bestfriend could allure any man or woman he wanted.

Then there's Jungkook. Always timid and shy from school days. He still wonders how Jimin of all became his friend back then when he couldn't even look at people in their eyes. He was also the worst at socializing and making a good impression. But once he gets comfortable with a person, his bratier and talkative side comes out.

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts soon and took a deep breath. He was wasting time while hesitating and procrastinating so he gathered his pendrive from his suitcase (thank god Taehyung brought his belongings along when he found him unconscious at the bus stop).

He made his way out of the Taehyung's room for the first time in three days because he was busy grieving all the damn time.

The mansion was indeed Elizabethan, with wooden panels along the corridors, ornate chandeliers, and oil paintings of van gogh. The stairs led down into a tall galleried room with a rug spread out over flagstones and a fireplace big enough to park a car in. A long polished wooden table had been set for three. Jungkook's steps were light and timid, although he didn't want to look sneaky and suspicious. He just prayed that none of Kim's would find him right now.