hes insecure because of your famous ex

"so i can't watch a movie because my ex is in it?" i asked colby, slightly irritated since he wouldn't watch lady bird with me. i had dated timothee chalamet back in 2017, before he was completely famous. it was during the filming of call me by your name.

"i just think it's weird!" he told me, rolling his eyes.

"it's a movie? he plays a douche in it anyways." i responded, huffing out. "we haven't been together in like almost two years."

"i just don't want you to watch it." he sighed.

"are you jealous?" i smirked, laughing.

"pffft, no." he said, exaggerating it.

"why're you jealous? he dated me when i was 18. i barely knew who i was when i was 18." i laughed, running a hand through his hair.

"i mean- hes an 'attractive actor' that every single girl in the world is in love with, and i'm just a youtuber." he admitted. "and he was your first love. you two fell in love in italy and lived out your teenage dream. meanwhile, we fell in love in LA and i take you to haunted places."

"colby, i love the haunted places." i giggled softly. "you're not just a youtuber, babe. you can't say that. you work so hard on your content. you're doing amazing things. and yeah, timothee was my first love, but you're my last love, and that's what really matters. i love los angeles, and i love you." i smiled, kissing him.

"how can you sit here and tell me that you're happier now than when you lived in italy and were living your dream life?" he asked me.

"because it's the truth. i loved italy, and i loved timothee. just like now i love los angeles and i love you. this is my life. italy was a mere 8 months of my life. my real life is here." i smiled.

"are you positive? i wouldn't be mad at you if you wanted to end things. i understand." he said softly.

"i'm positive. i've never been as happy as i am now. i love being with you, and exploring. there's nothing stopping us from going to italy, either. we could take a little trip there and live out our teenage dream." i smiled.

"our teenage dream in our twenties?" he asked me, laughing. i laughed with him as he moved my hair to behind my ear.

"basically. i'm only 20 though! i'm barely an adult." i laughed.

"i'm only three years into my twenties... that's still closer to teenager than thirties." he laughed.

"it'll be our young adult dream." i joked.

"i would love that." he smiled, kissing me.