call me by your name 3

"colby!" i squealed as he picked me up, spinning me. i felt his chest vibrate as he chucked at the reaction he got from me. "it's going to rain soon. we should probably go in." i suggested.

"haven't you ever danced in the rain?" he asked me, a small smile playing on his lips.

"i havent." i said with a grin.

"well miss salvatore, today could be your day then." he said, kissing my cheek before setting me onto my feet. i was wearing a baby pink sundress, barefoot. i felt a few sprinkles fall down onto me.

"and there's the rain." i said to him with a smile, throwing my arms around his neck. within a few seconds it was pouring. there was light music coming from an outdoor speaker but it was nearly drowned out by the tapping of the rain.

colby grabbed my hand and started spinning me around, both of us laughing. i looked down and noticed my once fairly flowy sundress was now clinging to me. eventually the rain calmed, my head laying on colbys chest as we rocked back and fourth in the rain.

"we should probably go in." i suggested, starting to feel slightly cold. the rain hitting the water in the pool sounded beautiful. hearing colbys heartbeat was beautiful. this whole moment was just beautiful.

"i think that's a good idea." he chuckled, grabbing my hand before pulling away from me. he lead me into the guest house. colby left me to drip in the living room and then reentered with a sweatshirt in his hand. he handed it to me and then took his shirt off right in front of me, his pants soon to follow but were replaced by a pair of gray joggers. he left his shirt off and i just stared at him.

"take a picture, it'll last longer." he laughed. i blushed at his comment, redirecting my eyes to the hoodie that was in my hand. "you can change in the bathroom if you'd like." he told me.

-

"we wasted so many days. i wish you would've kissed me sooner." i laughed lightly as his lips met with my neck.

"i tried!" he laughed, pulling away. i went back in and made our lips meet again.

"when?" i laughed.

"when we are the pool that one day and i massaged your back! and then when i would go to the river with you and your friends!" he exclaimed, making me think back to all the times he did attempt to flirt with me but i passed it off since he's 8 years older than me.

he leaned into my neck again, leaving a light trail of kissed the whole way up before meeting my lips. our lips moved in sync, which has been happening a lot recently. after a few moments the two of us pulled away for air, our foreheads resting on each other's.

"you're so beautiful, il mio amore." colby said. my love. and that was when my heart melted. i felt like i was straight out of an 80s film.

"grazie, amore." i giggled, leaning in again to kiss him. i had said thank you, love. that was basic enough for him to understand.

"it's getting pretty late, bella." he said, the italian word slipping right off of his lips. i sighed, knowing he was right and that my parents would be home soon.

"i guess this is goodnight then." i said, kissing him again before standing up. most of our moments occurred in my backyard, well after anna maria would leave and well before my parents would come home.

"i guess so, my love." he said, leaning in to give me one final kiss. he held my hands in his, pulling away to walk towards his house as i walked towards mine, our hands gently falling out of each other's as we went our opposite ways.

-

"colby, where are you taking me?" i laughed. we were running through the streets of portifino, hand in hand.