Chapter 7: The Truth of the Grail

Shortly after Rin and (F/N) arrive at the abandoned building, Artoria arrives.

Artoria: "What is he doing here? I thought he was an enemy master."

Rin: "To be honest I am not sure what he is anymore. He saved my life and then asked that I at least hear what he had to say. First though tell me what happened to you."

Artoria: "Well I was fighting Gilgamesh along with Gawain. From what I could tell we were doing rather well and were going to win. However, then Gilgamesh said that he was going to get serious. Before I knew it Gawain had been stabbed by multiple weapons and I got hit through both legs by two lances. Gilgamesh then said something about allowing me to live, so I could see the truth and then he left. Gawain died moments later. I then tried to find you everywhere, but could not. I also could not contact you."

Rin: "Sorry about that Kirei got the better of me. It turns out Lancer was his servant all along. I got kidnapped and he said something about using me to summon the grail. (F/N) killed him shortly thereafter."

Artoria: "Well then (F/N), I would very much like to hear your story of what is going on starting with how you have managed to survive this long without a servant."

(F/N): "It has been rather easy actually. I went and hid in the church for the most part. No one even thought to look there. As long as Kirei, Lancer, and Gilgamesh did not spot me I was perfectly safe. As Lancer and Gilgamesh were gone most of the time it was really quite easy to avoid them."

Rin: "That is actually kind of brilliant. I didn't even think to look there."

(F/N): "I figured that most people wouldn't. While I was there I managed to eavesdrop on Kirei and Gilgamesh talking quite a bit. What I learned concerned me a lot, so I decided to go and find you and Shirou. However, while I was out looking I ran into Assassin."

Artoria: "You ran into a servant and are still alive. That is quite impressive."

(F/N): "Not really I am a rather powerful mage, so I can protect myself pretty well. Also I use poison magic, which against an assassin who recognizes what I am doing proved useful. He took off from the fight before either of us really got hurt, since he could not get close to me."

Rin: "If you can take on a servant that easily, you really are a powerful mage."

(F/N): "That aside, after the battle I located the magical presence of you and Shirou at the church. I went there to see what was going on. When I arrived I saw Shirou with a ton of swords through him and you were crying. I decided that was not the best time to contact you, so I decided to leave for the time being. I assumed you would head to your mansion next, so I went there."

Rin: "How did you know about my mansion?"

(F/N): "I located all of the masters other than Assassin's master pretty quickly. To be honest if I knew who Assassin's master is that would be helpful as that is where Gilgamesh has undoubtedly gone."

Rin: "Kirei did say something about needing the body of a master. I guess that Assassin's master is the only one that Gilgamesh can get to easily now."

(F/N): "That is right. You, me, and Assassin's master are the only ones left. To bring the grail to this world it is necessary that the host of the core of the grail die. They then become the grail absorbing all the wishes of people along with power from the fallen servants."

Artoria: "So the grail is created by sacrificing a human life."

(F/N): "Not exactly. The grail is created inside of a Einzbern homunculus. The current grail was inside Illyasviel, but Gilgamesh removed the core from her. Now a new host is needed soon so the grail can come forth."