Chapter 6: The King of Heroes

Illyasviel's castle

Illyasviel is looking through a viewing portal of the forest that surrounds her castle. She turns to one of her maids, "It would seem that that girl has finally come. Although she appears to have a different servant with her this time. Where do you think that boy Shirou is located?" One of the maids responds, "I would guess that he has perished although I do not know. It seemed like they were close though. Also if you look at her face she appears sad." Illyasviel looks and says, "Yes perhaps she is kind of sad. Oh well, we will eliminate her next."

Meanwhile on the balcony several maids are on patrol when a golden haired man appears out of nowhere. He says, "Pardon me, I am looking for the grail." One of the maids reacts and rushes at him. The golden haired man summons an ax out of thin air and cuts her down. "Now that was just rude, you homunculus. I simply asked a question. No matter. I will find her myself." Others of the maids rush at him as well. They meet the same fate that the first did.

 They meet the same fate that the first did

Golden Haired Man

Hearing the screams Illyasviel prepares for the worst and summons Berserker to her side. The golden haired man walks into a large open chamber where Illyasviel and Berserker are waiting. Illyasviel asks, "Are you the one who killed my maids?" The golden haired man responds, "Oh so you are the grail. I must say you are younger than I was expecting." Illyasviel yells, "BERSERKER KILL HIM!" The giant Berserker rushes at the golden-haired man.

The golden-haired man says, "This should be fun Hercules. I look forward to getting to do battle with a fellow demigod." The golden-haired man summons weapons out of golden portals that start to appear around the room. He throws these weapons at Hercules, who is mostly unphased by them. Hercules continues his advance on the golden-haired man causing him to have to retreat. "I have to say this may be more fun than I was expecting. Do try to entertain me for a time."

As the battle between the golden-haired man and Hercules continues on a lower level, Rin and her two sabers arrive in the castle. They wander around looking for Illyasviel and soon hear the sound of battle. They head towards it and find an area that looks down at the battle that is going on below. As soon as Artoria sees the golden-haired man she says, "No it can't be." Rin turns to her, "What is it?" Artoria replies, "That man that Berserker is fighting was in the last Holy Grail War. I was a servant during the Fourth Holy Grail War as was he. His master was your father Rin." Rin exclaims, "What if he was my father's servant then how is he still here?" Artoria responds, "I am not sure. We know that he was not summoned during this Holy Grail War, so he must still be here for the last one. After your father died his servant remained. My only guess is that he became the servant of Kirei Kotomine." "Wait you think that he became Kirei's servant?" Rin asks. Artoria responds, "That is my guess. His name is Gilgamesh. He refers to himself as the king of heroes and was the most powerful servant in the last Holy Grail War. I was fighting him at the end of the last war. I am not sure exactly what happened. My master ordered me to destroy the grail using two command seals. I did so and the contents poured onto Gilgamesh. That is all I know as then I returned to the throne of heroes." Rin asks, "Why did your master want the grail destroyed?" Artoria responds, "I don't know. All I know is that is what he ordered." Rin next asks, "Do you think we can win against him? It is likely that Gilgamesh is fighting for the grail as well if he is here." Artoria says, "I am not sure. He is very powerful. I think that it is best we wait to see how this fight turns out before we act."