Chapter 3: The Eighth Master

One Week Later

One week has passed since (F/N) was brought to Fuyuki City. In that time he has basically wandered around aimlessly. By exploring he has learned the bases of several of the other masters. One is located in a temple, one lives in a mansion but is staying in a smaller house with another of the masters, and yet another master is located at the church which is supposed to be a safe haven. By (F/N)'s count there are currently 7 masters still alive in the war including himself. He is not sure which servants have been killed however he heard about a murder at a school in the city, which sounded suspicious. Looking into it he confirmed a boy named Shinji Matou was killed.

After looking more into it (F/N) has decided that it would be best for him to start finding one of the rouge servants, because as it currently stands he is at a serious disadvantage. Using some magic power he has been able to pinpoint the location of several servants and identify who their master is. He has found that the archer servant is under Rin Tohsaka, while Saber serves a boy named Shirou Emyia. He also learned the supposed overseer is the master of Lancer, and that the giant he saw before is Berserker. Since there is only supposed to be one servant of each type and (F/N) has identified a second Saber class servant he is heading to that servant's location to hopefully make a pact with this servant.

When (F/N) arrives at the abandoned building he finds two masters fighting against another master. The two masters are Rin and Shirou. Shirou's saber class servant is also present. They seem to be fighting against Caster's master and losing. (F/N) decides to watch from the shadows for the time being. He finds a nice tree to hide behind that allows him to see what is going on while being unseen by those that are involved in the fight.

The Saber swordswoman rushes at the master only to be overpowered and thrown back. (F/N) hears Rin say under her breath, "How can a master be so strong?" Caster's master taunts, "You expected me to be weak just because I am a master. That is foolish of you. I will defeat all of you here. Killing you should be fun and I will gain some new command seals in the process." He rushes forward and is about to finish the swordswoman off when a blast of magic is shot at him. He avoids any real damage as Rin shoots magic blasts using gems at him.

Caster's master rushes forward, planning to kill Rin, when the swordswoman gets up and rushes him. She is clearly in bad shape as she is having somewhat of a hard time walking. Shirou gets in the way of the attack, slowing the master down just enough for the swordswoman to attack. She strikes at Caster's master's head. He dodges and quickly punches her in the midsection causing her to crumple to the ground. He prepares to deliver a finishing blow when a new servant appears and attacks him.

Caster's master dodges the attack with only a scratch as now standing over the swordswoman is a swordsman wearing silver armor. (F/N) thinks, "Don't be getting yourself killed now, you are the only reason that I am here." Clearly the swordsman is concerned about the well-being of his fellow Saber class servant. He rushes forward to deal with Caster's master. He meets that same fate that the swordswoman met when trying to attack Caster's master. He has his attack dodged and then gets struck in the stomach. The master says, "A rouge servant should know better than to try and interfere. I have already killed the other two rouge servants that were foolish enough to try and pick me off. I cannot say why they attacked so boldly, but just as they did, you will die.

Caster's master prepares to deliver a killing blow when he is hit in the chest by a green liquid. The man jumps back screaming in pain. "WHAT IS THIS STUFF?" he yells. (F/N), who threw a bomb of poison at the man comes out from behind his tree, saying "Sorry about that I meant to kill you in one blow. I know it must be rather painful. I will finish you now." Caster's master rushes forward to attack (F/N), but is quickly stopped when a light appears and Caster steps out. "Master, we need to retreat at once. If this continues you will die. There are too many of them." Caster then shoots magic at (F/N) to distract him while Caster and her master make a get away.