🏹My Brave Lass🏹

Start from the beginning

Y/n: "Farewell for now, Meridus! I'll write to you soon!" She shouted as Meridus waved back at her blushing a bit.

Meridus: "Aye, and I'll never forget you, Y/n!" He yelled back as his mother smiled down at him while the years passed on by

(Pre-teen Meridus)

(Pre-teen Meridus)

Meridus: "Some say our destiny is tied to the land... as much a part of us as we are of it. Others say fate is woven together like a cloth. So that one's destiny intertwines with many others. It's the one thing we search for or fight to change. Some never find it. But there are some who are led." He spoke in a deep and confident voice as his father; King Fergus was show with a peg leg fighting his new soldiers. "The story of how my father lost his leg to the the demon bear Mor'du became legend. I became a brother to three new sisters. The princesses. Elise, Ella, and Elspeth. Wee devils, more like. They get away with murder. I never get away with anything." He groaned deeply agitated as the double doors opened up to show Meridus to his family and subjects taking a huge bite of an apple as his mother groaned at his behavior. "I'm the prince. I'm the example. I've got duties, responsibilities, expectations. My whole life is planned out, preparing for the day I become... Well, my father." He explained walking into the throne for as his subjects bowed before him while he sat down on his own throne. "My mother is in charge of every single day of my life. From singing, our kingdoms history and lands, and musical instruments. My father teaches me on my Falcon husbandry, hunting, fighting and even gave me the talk for when I chose my future wife. While my prince lessons with me mum are the death of me, no chortling when laughing, no stuffing my face, rising early in the morning, be compassionate, patient, cautious, clean and strive for perfection. But every once in a while, there's a day when I don't have to be a prince." He thought as he raised from his bed yawning then quickly got dressed, grabbed his quiver of hand made arrows, a satchel containing letters from his best friend and lady; Y/n Macintosh, running out of his bedroom grabbing a few apples from a plate as he jumped down from the upper level to the floor. "No lessons, no expectations. A day where anything can happen. A day I can change my fate." He thought as he ran to the stables and jumped onto his stallion Angus. "Yah!" He yelled out as he rode out of the castle and throughout the forest to practice his archery to it's razor sharp accuracy that he never missed a single bullseye on horseback. As he rode out towards the fire falls sitting on the on grass while Angus rolled around in the grass, Meridus used a tiny dagger to carve an image of an eagle into his bow next to a falcon which he drew for Y/n smiling once he finished the carving. An eagle's screech caught his attention as he began to climb up a rocky mountain side to drink from the fire fall's waters. Meridus looked over at the setting sun smirking before he cupped his hands and collected some water from the falls and drank it down before whooping out excited. The prince climbed down the mountain side and got back onto his stallion then rode back to the castle just in time for dinner.