🌊Atlantis: The Lost Empire 🌊

Washington, D.C. 1914

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. First off, I'd like to thank this board for taking the time to hear my proposal. Now, we've all heard of the legend of Atlantis, a continent somewhere in the mid-Atlantic that was home to an advanced civilization, possessing technology far beyond our own, that according to our friend Plato here was suddenly struck by some cataclysmic event that sank it beneath the sea. Now, some of you may ask, why Atlantis? It's just a myth, isn't it? Pure fantasy. Well, that is where you'd be wrong." A young woman spoke in front of a map of the world to a group of people as she took out some prints of black and white photos. "10,000 years before the Egyptians built the pyramids, Atlantis had electricity, advanced medicine, even the power of flight. Impossible, you say? Well, no. No, not for them. Numerous ancient cultures all over the globe agree that Atlantis possessed a power source of some kind more powerful than steam, than, than coal. More powerful than our modern internal combustion engines. Gentlemen, I propose that we find Atlantis, find that power source and bring it back to the surface." She said professionally before showing an illuminated text scripture. "Now, this is a page from an illuminated text that describes a book called "The Shepherd's Journal", said to have been a firsthand account of Atlantis and it's exact whereabouts." She said while placing her slides down and walked towards her chalkboard and picked up a heavy viking shield. "Now, based on a centuries-old translation of a Norse text, historians have believed the Journal resigns in Ireland. But, after comparing the text to the runes on this Viking shield, I found that... That one of the letters had been mistranslated. So, by changing the letter r and inserting the correct letter c in it's place, we find that The Shepherd's Journal, the key to Atlantis lies not in Ireland, gentlemen, but in Iceland." She said honestly before placing the heavy shield down onto the ground and fixed her spectacles on her nose. "Gentlemen, uh, I'll take your questions now." She said while the phone rang behind her. "Uh, would you gentlemen please excuse me for a moment?" She said before hopping onto her chalkboard as it moved down so she grabbed the phone and spoke. "Cartography and Linguistics, Y/n Thatch speaking." She said while listening to ranting on the other end of the line. "Yeah. Uh, just, Just a second." She placed the phone down and turned on her light to show not board members but makeshift dummies instead before walking over to a boiler and began fixing the flimsy thing to work properly then smacked it with a wrench to send heat properly throughout the museum then picked up the phone again. "How's that? Is that better? Uh-huh. Yeah. You're Welcome." She said honestly before hanging up the phone then noticed parts of her hand drawn map was now on her green dress and quickly stood were the piece of the map should've been.

" She said honestly before hanging up the phone then noticed parts of her hand drawn map was now on her green dress and quickly stood were the piece of the map should've been

Y/n: "By this, um, map... Map, uh, that... That... That I've drawn, I plotted the route that will take myself and a crew to the southern coast of Iceland to retrieve the Journal." She said before her German cuckoo clock chimes at 4:00 PM. "Ah, showtime!" She said with a smile as she dusted her dress and h/c hair free of chalk and got her documents in one arm. "Well, this it. I am finally getting out of the dungeon." She said to herself before stopping her tiny memory desk and picked up a photo of herself as a child and her grandfather Thaddeus Thatch. Thaddeus had raised his granddaughter when she lost her parents as a child to be smart and kind young woman that she is today. Y/n began remembering what had happened after the photo was taken, Thaddeus placing her onto his knee and putting his explorer's hat onto his granddaughter's head only for it to cover up her eyes making them both laugh.