Chapter Three

"Why do I even have to attend this idiotic party?" I groaned, as Demi threw dresses at me to try on.

"Again, it's not even a party, it's a Masquarde Ball. I don't know why you're complaining, people wouldn't even recognize you." She excalimed, as she turned on her curling wand. Her manicured nails tapping on it.

"Gee thanks," I sarcastically added.

"I did not bring my best friend to London so she could sit her lazy behind on the sofa. So get up, and throw this on." She commanded, throwing me a dress.

"But Demi-"

"Now." She snarled, her finger pointing towards the restroom.

Groaning, I walked to the bathroom. Truthfully, the dress was beautiful, yet simple. It was a bright shade of red, the dress trailed down to the floor, hugging my hips before falling loosely. I tugged on my hair, pinning it up into a sophisticated bun. I applied my makeup, before tugging on my heels.

"Damn Sel," Demi exclaimed as I stepped out "you look fine. That dress looked better than I thought."

"I feel like the girl on fire." I shuddered, applying my perfume.

"Well duh, you're so hot you're on flames."

"Shut up," I chucked, smacking Demi on her shoulder.

"Anyway are you ready? We're going to be late." She ran around the room getting her handbag.

"Aren't celebrities supposed to be 'fashionably' late? That's their thing isn't it?"

"Now when have I ever been late to an event? Never, and I ain't starting now. Let's go."

She pushed me out of the house, after getting our masquerade masks. I slid into the passenger seat, making sure my dress wouldn't get caught on the door. Turning on the car, she switched on the radio.

"Are you ready for your first party?" Demi exclaimed, a grin sketching on her face.

"And most likely my last." I repeated, as I looked out the window.

"Oh don't be such a negative nancy. You'll love it."

I remained quite, as I was forced into this situation. London was quite unique. It was its own batch of elegance. As the skyscraper soared high, the people remained in level. Everyone scurrying around, trying to beat time: when honestly, there was no way to beat it, just deceive it. The twinkling lights were illustrious, gentle and gorgeous. We pulled into what seemed a mansion. The cars lined up weren't ordinary ones: Bentley's, Porsches, and high end sport cars.

"We're here!" She squealed, as we pulled into the valet. Pulling on my mask quickly, I breathed in. My anxiety levels reaching their high.

"Just breath and have fun Sel."

"I'll try."

"Good evening mam'. How are you today?" The valet attendant asked politely as he helped me out of the car.

"I'm doing well thank you." I smiled politely, as I waited for Demi.

"C'mon, cheer up! Remember when we were thirteen, we made our-"

"Bucket list," we said in unison, laughing.

"It's about time to check this off. Let's go in."

We linked arms, as the paparazzi snapped photos. I could make out almost every celebrity that entered the building: Brad Pitt, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Jay Z, Sandra Bullock.

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed into Demi's ear. "Is that Justin Bieber?" I asked, my eyes traveling to the figure in front of us. His tuxedo was on point, with his hair pulled back.