Chapter Eighteen

Peeling my eyes open, I was temporarily blinded by the light. My entire body felt fatigue. Damn jet lag. It was past midday already, at least I had a couple hours of shut eye. I only remembered what happened briefly last night, like coming back to Demi's cottage and heading straight for bed. I don't remember seeing Demi. Standing up, I maneuvered around the room and put my knotted hair into a messy bun. The house was quite, which I was grateful for. I stepped into the kitchen as I made myself coffee. The silence was too much, leaving me with my thoughts too much. My thoughts about a certain asshole, who didn't deserve them. Therefore I started playing my music, ranging from Taylor Swift to Katy Perry.

"Holy shit! Selena!" Demi yelled in joy, as she ran towards me, hugging me in her embrace. "I've missed you! You haven't called. I've been so worried."

"I'm sorry. It's all been just so hectic." I grimaced, sitting down on the bar stool.

"I seen the interview with Ellen. You did well." Demi smiled half heartedly.

"I tried."

"Why did you do it?" Demi caught my attention with her discrete question.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows, my warm mug between my hands.

"Why did you sign that damn contract? After all he said to you." She shook her head, not understanding why I did it. I didn't do it for the fame. No. Not at all. I did it for her. Demi was all I had, and I couldn't lose her. Not again.

"I did it for you. I didn't want to lose you again Demi. I under no circumstance did it for Harry. I did it to keep our friendship." I whispered softly, holding my eye contact with her.

"You would have never lost me. I don't give a damn what management thinks, we would have never lost each other. If we kept you under the spotlight this long, we could've done it longer." Demi reasoned.

"It wouldn't have worked out, with Harry being how he is. He would've said something, spoke about something."

"Your worst fear came true. You never wanted to become famous. You had plans Selena! Dreams! You can't accomplish them now. I feel so guilty about all of this."

"Don't blame yourself. Please Demi." I pleaded. If she blamed herself for any of this, I would never be able to forgive myself. It was my fault with my short sided temper. She sighed heavily, before nodding.

"Anyway how was-"

"Selena!" Our attention snapped towards the Irish voice. Niall was standing there with a Mcdonald's bag perched on his wrist. His fluorescent eyes navigating between Demi and I.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be back for another two days." Niall stepped closer towards, putting the food on the bar. He crossed his pale arms in front of us, eyeing us suspiciously.

"Spill. What the hell did Harry do? You're interview was convincing."

"It was nothing," I shook it off, standing up. Hoping to find a way out of this claustrophobic room. "We just had another argument." I attempted to make my way around Niall, but he blocked me. Glaring at me.

"What happened Selena?" Demi asked, a worried look etched on her face.

"Oh my gosh nothing happened!" I yelled frantically.

"Something had to happen for you to have to jump on a damn plane and come back!" Demi argued, standing up. "What the hell happened!"

"Nothing! Please." I whimpered. Demi stepped back, looking at Niall.

"Selena, we're trying to help please."

"I need to go, please." I pushed my way through Niall, and headed to my room. I didn't want to retell the story, nor be a snitch. Nobody had to know my problems, when it didn't concern them. Pulling up a pair of jeans, a black elegant long sleeved blouse, and black boots. I combed my hair quickly, and shrugged on my black coat. I didn't know where to go, but I needed to leave. Calling a number, which I knew would always be there for me, I headed out.