Chapter Ten

The evening scurried away, well it felt that way. I laid on my back gazing at the flabbergasting view the stars held. Harry was adjacent to me, watching as well.

"How many stars do you think are out there?" Harry whispered, his green eyes on me.

"I don't know, honestly. For all we know, we could be looking at dead stars, whose lights are still traveling through space, since there so far away." I mumbled, fascinated with the concept of astronomy.

"How'd you know that?" Harry propped himself on one elbow, as his husky voice rang out.

"I'm a nerd, when it comes to certain things. I adore astronomy, and the stars. Especially the stars."

"Why? It's odd, seeing someone so in love with unusual things. You're a lover of the rain as well."

"I prefer the term Pluviophile. I've alway been fascinated with the stars Harry. Ever since I could remember. Whenever I need space, a breather, or even a walk alone I go in the dark. Where the stars are bright, and away from the city lights." I peeped over at Harry, his lingering eyes on mine.

"Aren't you afraid though?" He questioned.

"Afraid of what, Harry?"

"The dark? Getting jumped, killed? It's dangerous."

I chuckled slightly.

"Harry, I've loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night." A smile stretched across my face, obviously restating my favorite quote.

"Yet the stars don't shine as bright as you Sel." He quietly whispered, entangling our cold hands together.

"You're so corny, I swear."

"But you love it, don't deny it." Harry smirked.

I just grinned, shaking my head. He turned his head, and took his phone in his lanky hands. A sweet melody tuned in. One that I was familiar with.

"I love this song. Tony Bennet. How do you go from Guns N' Roses to Tony Bennet?" I giggled.

"I could say the same thing. Selena am I granted a dance with you?" He spoke silvery, eyes bright against the dark.

It brought back memories. The first day we met, how he asked, and I never agreed. A smile sprung on my lips.

"Of course you can."

Without a doubt, Harry gradually placed his hand in mine and stood me up. Standing up vertically from each other, he took my hand, reducing the size in between us. His large hand was placed in my lower back, while my hand rung around Harry's neck loosely. The music rung out, still on the same song, The Way You Look Tonight.

Harry spun me around, as I giggled endlessly.

"Oh, but your lovely," Harry's husky voice sang softly in my ear, causing chills to run down my spine.

"With your smile so warm and your cheek so soft," he stroked my cheek beautifully, as he sang.

"There is nothing for me, but to love you." My breath hitched, eyes wide.

"Just the way you look tonight." We both sand in unison, as we waltzed around in the boat.

"You sing wonderful Harry."

"I would hope so." Harry laughed, his head hung back. I giggled as well.

"I enjoyed tonight, it was awful."

"Awful?" Harry gasped. "Isn't that a oxymoron, enjoyed and awful?" Harry's face contorted into a semi-depressed look. I shook my head.

"No. The meaning of awful is full of awe. It's the connotation that everyone has used to mistreat it. Therefore my night was filled with awe. This night has been amazing. Don't overthink it Harry." He let out a breath, his complexion smiling again. I poked the dimples I've loved.

"Stop it Selena." He groaned, taking me palm of his face. I pouted in response.

"You're beautiful Sel." Harry's deep voice rang out, as he spun me around, and we finally dispatched, and laid down.

Harry intertwined our fingers, as if it were a puzzle piece. I laid my head against his shoulder as he put a protective arm around me.

"Harry why do you love singing so much?" Curiosity got the best of me.

He hummed perpetually.

"I feel that if you were to pick a career, you're own career, you should decide what you want to do. Singing for me, is my bliss zone. Nothing about it can bring me down. I feel like a analytical hyperbole: always in the game, yet I feel as if I already owned it. If you don't do what you desire, it spiritually kills you. Inside and out."

I thought about it. About what he said. How if you don't do what you desire, it spiritually kills you. And the mourning part about it, is that it does. Sluggishly at first, then full effect later on.

There were many things I thought about that starry night. The color green, the sound of waves against the boat accompanied with the wind. How many dead stars we were looking at, and how many were burning with desire, as I. And the beautiful part was, I didn't have any exact answer on anything I inquired, or any consumptions. It was all merely a state like dream, in which Harry was by my side breathing the same air I was, and viewing the same view.

And I didn't move, blink, nor speak in fear of ruining the precious proposal. It was because of him. The reason I was in a moment of pure serene.

_____________________

Short chapter to end their date. I hope y'all liked it. Comment, vote, add to your library! Thank you so much! If only you knew what I had in plan for this story. Hehe.

Xoxo. Jackie.