Chapter Fourteen

The drizzle outside was nearly audible as I sat on the back porch. A heavy sigh escaped my lips, as I peered over the city. This week has been hell. I'm not going to sugar coat it. I refused to leave the house, for my own well being. Never did I want to become famous. Last thing I needed was being Harry Styles's girlfriend.

The city lights sparkled and glistened. There wasn't a better weather to describe my mood; dull yet full of emotion. The screen door slid open, as a pair of footsteps walked over towards me.

"Hey Sel." Gazing over, I noticed it was Niall, as he shot me a warm smile.

"Call me Selena, please." I murmured, as he sat next to me.

"Look, I'm really sorry for what Harry did to you. We all knew you never wanted to be in the spotlight. I didn't know what his motives were." He gushed thickly, looking over at me.

"Niall, you don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault. I'm not trying to be rude, but I really want to be alone right now."

"Well I came here for a reason," Niall spoke out loud. "Management wants to see you, like right now."

My eyes shot open, and my anxiety levels rose. Luckily I was sitting down, if not I would've stumbled over my two own feet.

"Okay." I mumbled thinly.

***

The white marble floors, clicked against my heels. Honestly, I didn't want to dress up, but Niall told me to consume a proper attire. He wasn't being rude, I was literally in my pajamas at home.

In my pajamas.

At three o'clock in the afternoon.

We halted, and waited for the elevator. I hated elevators, I would rather take the stairs any day.

"Niall, can we take the stairs?"

"Why?"

"Because I despise elevators." I groaned.

"I mean if you wanna climb six stories, be my guest."

"Dammit."

The bell rung, and Niall had to literally shove me in there. The death machine dinged, then bolted up.

First floor.

Second floor.

Third floor. I'm gonna be sick.

Fourth floor. Baby Jesus help me.

Fifth floor. Oh gosh.

Six floor.

The elevator stopped, and revealed the other side of the room. It was just like the corridor before, white. It gave and odd aurora. I didn't have a good feeling about this. Not at all. There were a pair of grand oak doors adjacent to me, and I nervously kicked my shoes.

"Selena," Niall whispered harshly. "Whatever they say to you, I'm apologizing ahead of time. And whatever you do, never upset them. Okay."

I just nodded my head, fearfully avoiding the vile in my throat. He placed his hand on my lower back, and guided me towards the door. Before opening them, as he reassured me with a smile.

The meeting room was grand. Around it sat Louis, Liam, Zayn, Demi, Harry, and at the end of the table sat, I'm guessing, management. Everyone's eyes shot up towards Niall and I, and a petite lady walked towards us.

"Selena, take a seat. We've heard a lot about you." She spoke emotionless, as she returned to her seat, Niall and I following her. The palm of my hands were sweaty, and I looked nervously towards Demi, whose face held a scowl.