Chapter Eleven

"So you're telling me you both slow danced to a Tony Bennet song, and gazed at the stars?" Demi hummed, as she combed her hair.

"Pretty much." I spoke mediocrely.

"Well I'll be damned. Harry Styles is giving Augustus Waters a run for his money."

"Shut up! You're such a dork I swear."

"So seriously did y'all kiss?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"No. C'mon Dem, give me some slack. I don't kiss on the first date." I walked around the room, as I slipped on my cream colored cashmere sweater.

"So what do you want to do on this gloomy and beautiful day?" She inquired as she sat on the bed with me.

"We could go sky diving, rock mountain climbing, 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu!" I sung out loud, earning a slap from Demi, before laughing hysterically.

"What the hell did you just sing?"

"I don't know, honestly. I just heard it on the radio."

"No, but seriously what shall we do today?"

"I don't know, I usually just stay home."

"You wanna go shopping?"

I thought of the idea. It was getting late, since dusk was almost upon us, but you know what? Screw it. I'm in London.

"Sure, just let me get ready." In unison we both stood up, as I headed to the closet, she headed towards the restroom. Deciding on a simple pair of skinny jeans, knee high boots, and my simple accessories I was satisfied. As I applied some accessories, Demi's ringtone rang. She swore, before answering, and hung up.

"Demi who was it?" I yelled from across the room.

"Dammit, I'm sorry Sel, I just got called for a meeting with management. We could go shopping tomorrow, I promise." Demi smiled half heartedly.

"Don't stress over it. I'll find something to do."

"I'm sorry Sel, we'll find something to do tomorrow. Just you and I." She winked, before hugging me and leaving.

Sighing, I sat down on the bed. Truthfully, yes I was a little sad I didn't get to go shopping with Demi. I missed my best friend. I grabbed my phone, and gazed at the time; it was half past six. I trotted around the room, and looked through a 'Welcome to London Pamplet". As I skimmed the pages, something caught my eye, Royal Opera House: Swan Lake. Shrieking in joy, I jumped up and ran towards the closet. Ever since I was five, and watched Barbie of Swam Lake I've always wanted to see Swan Lake live.
I pulled on a black dress I owned, that ended towards my calves, accompanied with black heels. Pulling my hair into a bun, I applied a natural coat of make up. Grabbing my coat, I called a taxi and waited.

Honestly I couldn't be more excited. A car beeped, which I was guessing was the taxi driver. Pulling on my coat, and grabbing my black Kate Spade handbag I headed out, almost skipping.

"Where to Miss?" The elder cab driver questioned.

"To the stars." I joked.

"I'll be your Jack if you'll be my Rose." The cab driver joked.

"That won't work out, you die at the end." I replied.

"Ah, don't all love stories end in a catastrophe." He reasoned.

"May you please take me to the Royal Opera House."

"Yes mam'. Now what show will you be watching tonight?" The Elder man asked, pulling out of our driveway.