Chapter Eighteen

Enjoy!

Not proofread

Taehyung, surprisingly, agrees to go on what he calls a triple date, since Jimin and Hoseok are coming too, mentioning that Jeongguk's other friend is 7th wheeling, which is actually true. He mentions that he might be late so Jeongguk decides to pick him up from his apartment complex. He hasn't actually visited Taehyung yet, mostly spending their time in his apartment, so the other sends him the address and tells him to wait downstairs, which is okay for Jeongguk.

Later that night he finds himself driving them both towards a restaurant, not the one Taehyung works at since he doesn't want the other to feel awkward, but another one, situated in the center of the town. Namjoon's already made a reservation for them all so, when they arrive, the waiter walks them towards the loudest table, something Jeongguk's already used to.

The thing is, none of his friends, except Namjoon, know that he's bringing a date so, when he walks close enough for Jimin to notice, Jeongguk is already prepared for the explosion that follows.

"Jeongguk, you midget!"

And, seriously, he shouldn't feel entranced by the way Taehyung laughs at that, all cute and smiley as Jimin introduces himself with heart eyes and the most charming face before turning towards him and totally changing his demeanor. "You're dead, you shithead. You started dating the pretty boy and you didn't even tell me? Wow, such close friendship we have."

Jeongguk merely chuckles at that because he knows that Jimin is only messing around, introducing the others and kindly asking them to behave in front of Taehyung, earning himself a slap on the back from his boyfriend and a stern stare from his cousin. Everything is slowly turning into chaos but Jeongguk finds it endearing for a while. Taehyung seems to get along well with Jimin, just like he thought they would, and also, surprisingly, with Yoongi, his brother nodding vigorously to anything Taehyung is saying.

"So you're an astrophysics major? That's so impressive. Scientists, especially physicists, have to work really hard to earn their degrees, unlike some people here who only had to read books about some high dude's statements— fuck you, Namjoon, you idiot, that hurt!"

Jeongguk laughs at that, watching as his brother and fiancé drown into another argument about their mindsets, something that makes Taehyung laugh out loud next to him. The other turns around, touching his chin with his fingers to gain his attention, something he does a lot, a gesture of affection that's as unique as him.

"Are they always like that?" He quietly asks, leaning his head on his palm to stare at Jeongguk since the others are in their own worlds.

Jeongguk merely smiles, not containing himself from bringing Taehyung's hands up, towards his lips, kissing his fingers softly. He doesn't know why he enjoys that but the look on Taehyung's face makes him think that his boyfriend loves that gesture just as much.

"Mhm, they're even worse. Yoongi is a mathematician and Namjoon is a university professor specialized in philosophy so I don't really understand how their relationship works but it does. They have a lot of arguments though, as you can see."

"They probably care for each other a lot if they step over their mindsets and compromise that much." Taehyung says, turning to watch the other two, Yoongi smiling teasingly as Namjoon presses kisses on his cheeks.

When he notices them staring he just raises a brow. "What? I have him wrapped around my finger, learn from me, Taehyung."

And they start laughing again but Jeongguk is aware that Taehyung doesn't need to learn anything else because he already feels like he's wrapped around his little finger, like everything he can offer already belongs to the other.