Chapter Five

Hello!! I hope you're enjoying the story!!

Stay safe everyone and take care of you!!

Enjoy !!

"What was Socrates' favorite thing to mold?" Namjoon asks, making all of them roll their eyes, well, not all of them since Seokjin seems interested in his incredibly awful humor.

Namjoon glances around, raising a brow like he is expecting them to know, Yoongi sighing before turning towards him. "Just tell us the answer, Joon."

Flashing a brilliant smile, the boy leans in like he's preparing to tell them his greatest secret, then whispers. "Playdough."

Jeongguk isn't expecting someone to laugh, like, ever, at one of Namjoon's jokes, but Seokjin seems to understand them quite well. Or he just has a worse sense of humor which seems relatively absurd.

"Playdough, like Plato, that's so good! How come none of you are laughing?" The oldest asks, clapping his hands over dramatically as they all stare at him.

Jeongguk wants to bury either himself or his cousin since the whole restaurant is now staring at them with questioning glares. However, friendships call for sacrifices, so he just grins, shaking his head towards Yoongi when they make eye contact. His brother only sighs before sipping from his glass of wine.

"Maybe because we know what humor is?" Yoongi mumbles, earning himself a scowl from Namjoon.

"You don't laugh because you don't get them, babe, be honest. You look like you're suffocating every time I make a math related one. Learn to appreciate the wiser side, the true geniuses, the writers, the philosophers, the—

And Jeongguk turns away, like the rest of them do, because they already know what that conversation is going to evolve into. They'd always start an argument over which domain is better and Jeongguk was sick of it all because he's been hearing those for almost four years.

Jimin coughs, trying to get rid of the awkwardness, and to also stop the other two from bickering, then raises his glass of champagne towards Jeongguk.

"For your accomplishment. Not the new project but the fact that you managed to get out of your house and ask us all to dinner, that's new."

They all laugh, Jeongguk shaking his head before raising his glass of water as well.

"Thank you, guys. I'm really glad you were all able to come."

Jimin smiles and Jeongguk does the same, trying to appreciate the moments they're having even if he's not fully feeling well. His friend seems to see through his façade, flashing a cheerful smile before drinking from his glass.

"Of course we were able to come. This is, like, a special moment, one that happens once a year and that's usually on your birthday because we force you to go out. Ironically, your birthday is not today."

"I'm here for the expensive and utterly promising food though, what do you mean?" Seokjin explains, laughing before high-fiving Jimin and Jeongguk just sighs.

"Right? Let's order the most luxurious wine they have and get wasted since Jeongguk's paying."

Most of them end up following Jimin's advice and, after barely two hours, they're intoxicated and too flirty for Jeongguk's mind. He gets up at one point, ignoring the way Seokjin and Namjoon share terrible jokes as Yoongi whines about wanting to go home and sleep, then goes outside, walking towards the pond again. He can still see Jimin and Hoseok grinning cutely at each other from the window and he sighs, smiling sadly before turning his attention to the fish swimming in the pond.