Denial

Yejin POV

"It's around 4 weeks, can't be more than 4."

What. A. Relieve.

I instantly cried inside the doctor's room. We were doing an ultrasonographic on my belly. Ji Hye squeezed my hand.

"We need to be sure, doctor. Is there some kind of room for deviation in measuring, or predicting the age of the baby, doc?" Ji Hye repeated her question.

"Just a slightest. Is this regarding the father of the baby? If you were unsure about conception between day to day, we have to wait until the baby was born to do a paternity test. But if it was between week to week, it's safe to say that this was from the conception that took event maximum 5 weeks ago. I hope this information helps."

"That's enough for me, doctor. Thank you." I said between my sobs.

After I paid for the vitamins, Ji Hye brought me back to her house. She made up a story that we will go to a beauty salon to get a massage.

"Ladies," Hyun Bin greeted us on the front porch.

He pulled me in a kiss and I broke my tears. All of this was so sudden. When I left my apartment in Daegu to come here to Seoul, I was feeling blue, hoping to get Bin back to my life. And now I ended up with Bin and our baby.

"Babe, what happened?" He asked.
I didn't answer him directly but walked to the guest room.

"Ji Hye, what happened?" Bin asked her

Ji Hye smiled and answered, "I'll give you some privacy."
Then she left us, walked to her husband to greeted him with a warm kiss.

I sat on the bed wiping my tears.
"Baby, what's going on? Why are you crying?" Bin kneeled in front of me. I can saw concern and love in his eyes.

"Babe, I'm pregnant."

His expression was unreadable. He gulped.
"Babe...I am pregnant..."
He still silenced.
"Babe?" My heart started to crumble.

"Is it mine?" How disrespectful.

I was so offended and slapped his cheek. I immediately realized that it was reasonable for him to ask that question since what we had about a month before was just a brief romance.

"Hey! Easy, Yejin. I'm just asking." he looked annoyed.

"Sorry. I understand, I do. I'm sorry. I understand we were separated for almost a month. Three days together, then a month apart."

"How long have you been?"

"The doctor said around four to five weeks. It's yours. I'm sure. But if you want a more rigid proof, I understand. I have past that I'm not proud of. I'm not asking anything from you. I'm just merely answering your question."

"I..I just need time to process this."

"I thought you'd be happy. You said you want to marry me. I never thought that me being pregnant, rather than makes you want to marry me more, it puts you in doubt." I can't hide my disappointment.

"I'll cover all of the expenses,"

"It's not about the money, Bin! Not everything is about money! Don't worry, I won't disturb you." I sat up from the bed and took my bag, walked away from him.

He didn't even try to stop me. Damn it!
Stupid Yejin! Now, look at what you've got. Knocked
up and even your boyfriend refused to marry you.

Ji Hye and Seok Jin looking at me, confused.
"Yejin, where are you going?"

"I'm going back to Daegu. Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Seok Jin, Mrs. Ji Hye." I bowed.