Part 1~A Long Tale

Draco couldn’t help but buzz in excitement. This year he was going to Hogwarts! It was finally his time to learn magic and though he suppressed showing any of these emotions that didn’t stop them from playing on loop in his head.

Screaming brought the young Malfoy away from the train. He wasn’t sure who had screamed but they sounded scared. The small eleven-year-old pushed through the crowd, finding a small raven-haired child curled against the brick wall. The smaller child shook, rocking back and forth while covering his ears. The place was probably too loud for him.

“Hey? You okay?” Draco knelt beside the other boy, worry showing in his eyes. The smaller flinched back from the voice invading his bubble, trying to curl further in on himself. “Hey, hey, I’m not going to hurt you. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I’m Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.”

Draco held out his hand as the boy cowered away. When Draco didn’t lower his hand or raise it, the small boy slowly came out. His green eyes watched the hand with confusion, tears still spilling down his cheeks. Hesitantly, the boy reached out his hand, shaking Draco’s hand.

Draco's eyes narrowed, this boy was tiny and the clear white lines didn’t bode well. Maybe this boy was in an accident when he was little, it would explain the injuries and anxiety.

“H-Harry…” Snapping up, Draco’s eyes widened. The boy shifted from foot to foot shyly. “The name’s Harry Potter.”

“Draco?”

Harry screamed at the sight of Draco’s father, hiding behind Draco’s torso. Harry clung to the back of Draco’s jacket, shaking fearfully.

“Who is this?”

Draco could have told his father who this was but he wasn’t quite sure if his father would believe him; he barely believed it himself. It was better to get Harry out of here first, let the boy calm down. So that’s what he did.

He promised his father he would explain later before bringing Harry into a cabin, taking the seats where no one else was. Draco would never know how much of an impact his choice would be.

No one could have known.

~~~

“Slytherin!” The hat seemed pleased with himself as the hall gaped. Harry tried to slide away, placing the hat on the stool before basically running away and to Draco’s side. No one understood. Harry wasn’t meant to be a Slytherin. He was meant to be a Gryffindor but that’s not what the hat had said.

At first, no one understood. Harry wasn’t cunning but he wasn’t brave either. He would shake and scream at the slightest movement. The rumours spread quickly around the school. People said he talked to himself; that he was crazy. People didn’t understand and so they didn’t accept.

It wasn’t until someone hurt Draco did they understand. The Slytherin coloured uniforms and strangely coloured hair was only the tip of the iceberg. Harry made the Gryffindors suffer for what they did to Draco and the teachers couldn't touch him. He made sure of that.

Harry was a Slytherin. He was cunning and the more time he spent in Hogwarts, the easier he found it to act the right way. It wasn’t long before everyone claimed he was the second dark lord. Harry never minded. As long as people understood that his friends were off-limits, he didn’t care.

~~~

Years passed and nothing changed. The Gryffindors hated him. The Slytherins basically worshipped the ground he walked on. No one messed with Harry’s friends or they learnt the consequences.

That didn’t stop the Gryffindors from being idiots though. Each and every year the Gryffindors seemed to get into trouble. Whether it was directly ignoring school rules or taking uncalculated risks, they got hurt every year. Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and Neville Longbottom were at the centre of the trouble. Whenever something happened, it would be because of those three.