Chapter 2: Do You Want To Keep That Finger?

• Dedicated to Lily Collins :)

"Attention passengers. We will be landing in London in less than 30 minutes. Thank you so much for flying with us!"

I looked up and stretched my legs under the seat in front of me. I sighed, resting my head on the cold window next to me. I glanced at the bottom of the window and saw the beautiful city of London greeting me. I smiled, not believing I was here.

"Have an amazing time in England, sweeheart." Papa said to me and handed me my last luggage to be put into the taxi.

I pulled on my comfy black sweater and rubbed my arms for warmth. I checked inside the taxi to make sure I had everything and I didn't forget a thing. I shut the trunk and took in a deep breath. I turned around and faced my large family looking at me with sad eyes. I slightly frowned and sighed. I walked up to my family and gave them a big smile. 

"I promise to mail you guys all the time. I want you guys to know how I'm doing at all times. I'm going to miss you all so much. Don't worry about me, I'll be alright." 

My papa wrapped his arm around my mom and kissed her temple to get rid of the nerves she had right now. I smiled and gave them both a gigantic hug and a kiss on their cheek. My mom had tears in her eyes and a sad smile on her pale lips. 

"Even though you aren't my real parents, you treated me like I was your daughter. Thank you so much for raising me so well." I finally said and continued to say my goodbyes to my 17 siblings.

Yes, I have 17 siblings. I grew up in an orphanage since I was 3 years old. My parents died in a car crash and I was the only survivor. I didn't understand why I didn't die along with them. I just didn't want to be alone. I wanted to die and be with my parents, but Max and Emily, my foster parents changed my mind. They adopted me and took me in their orphanage with the others. They treated me like I was their own daughter and nourished me with the love and support I needed since my parents' death. 

I'm really grateful for them and all they've done for me. Taking care of me for 16 years with 17 other kids in the house is incredible. I helped around the house and took care of my siblings to help Papa and Mom. Even if we weren't all blood-related and we were all incredibly different, we were a big, happy family. 

I kissed all of my little siblings' heads and gave them a tight hug. The youngers ones had tears in their eyes and my siblings' that were close to my age just had a sad look in their eyes. I gave them a comforting smile, telling them over and over again that I wouldn't be gone too long. 

I was about to get in my taxi when Lacey, one of the youngest siblings, ran to me and hugged my legs. I gasped as everyone tried prying her off my legs. I giggled slightly, hugging her one last time.

"Don't go..." She whimpered into my shoulder.

I looked at her innocent little face and felt my hear crack. She was crying hard and she looked miserable.

"But, I'll be back. I promise. You won't be alone. Mom, Papa, and all your other siblings are here for you. I'll be back sooner than you know it." I comforted her.

She nodded and sniffled. I wiped her tears off with my thumb and kissed her forehead. Papa lifted her off from the ground and held her up in his arms in a protective manner. I sighed and waved goodbye to everyone one last time. As soon as the taxi driver started driving away, I looked back and still saw my family waving bye to me. I smiled and tried to shake the tears off. I was one of the first of the kids to move out of the orphanage. It was going to be different for all of them since I wouldn't be there to help out anymore for awhile.