Bridgette: A Past Revealed

Hello everyone!

Ready for the next exciting chapter in this long saga? This will be a Bridgette centered chapter since I wanted to briefly go over her backstory. It switches from first-person to third-person a bit, so just giving you a heads up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day we met you taught me something so important. "There are many beautiful things in this world I have yet to see." The sunset I drew with my colors was still black and white because my heart had not yet caught up to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I met my first real friend when I was in grade school.

I know Chloe and I have been friends since we were babies, but we didn't truly become friends until we started going to the same school together. Although she was more outspoken than I was, we would constantly bicker about the silliest things. Being a shy girl, nobody gave me the time of day as I sauntered through school with a sad look on my face. Everyone else had specific friend groups they joined and did many activities together. Did any of them invite me, no I was the one who watched from the shadows.

Should we ask her to play with us?

No, she probably has other things to do.

I've never seen her talk with anyone. I never seen her talk at all.

How hurtful, the way their words stung me. Then again, no one got to know me. My mother and grandfather encouraged me to go and make some friends, but I was so nervous to talk to anyone. What would they do if they knew I was unlucky?

So, to my surprise, a new classmate joined halfway through the year. He was a nice looking boy with sparkling eyes, a hopeful smile, and wore a cute stripped shirt. All the girls would blush and giggle when he walked by their desk, coaxing him to come and chat with them.

Me? I was sitting off the side and doodling in my notebook. One day I wanted to be a model and walk down a runway with some of the most popular designers. Ever since I watched Fashion Week with my mother, I became enamored at the thought of being a beautiful model. Maybe then I could show the world how lucky I was to be both talented and gorgeous too. Perhaps one day I would get a boyfriend who loved me as well.

"May I sit next to you?" His voice cut through my thoughts, making me gaze up at him. Smiling, he sat down at the desk next to me, his eyes full of happiness. "You seem very different from the other girls. In fact, I think you might be even more interesting."

I stared at him, though it was quite difficult to see through the bangs that cascaded over my face. I wasn't the most prettiest girl with my hair wild and sporadic, unruly sweater, and faded leggings. The look he gave me set my heart fluttering, but only for a moment.

"What's that?" He gazed over at her notebook, seeing all her cute poses and doodles. "Wow, those are incredible! Whose that, is that you?"

"I-I-I made them to look like m-m-me..." I whispered quietly, not wanting to show him the blush on my face. "D-D-Do they really look that g-g-good?"

His face broke into a big smile. "Are you kidding me? These look fantastic! You could be a model in those clothes one day."

It was at that moment that a wave of self-confidence flowed through me. I never had anyone outside my family say something good about my artwork before. The feeling of pride washed right over me, making me smile for the first time since coming to school.