Frozen Time

Weeks later, after that incident, Yuma and Y/n finally got their keys back, and returned Shark's soul.

"Gaaah!Late!" Yuma was dressed in his school uniform, he ran downstairs, heading for the door, until he was stopped by Kari, "Hang on a second, Yuma!"

"I don't have a second! I'm gonna be way late!" Yuma said, jogging. "The clothes you dumped on the floor when you came home last night smelled like smoked fish! And this morning, I read, there was an explosion at a warehouse down in the Pier District. You weren't down there last night-- were you?" Kari asked, suspicious.

"Of course I wasn't! Can I please go to school now? I don't wanna be late!" Yuma said. "They're saying it was an electrical fire, but this has 'cover up' written all over it! Heartland Enterprises owns that building and big media, so-" Kari was gonna explain, but her younger brother interrupted, "Yeah, well, that's really cool! Gotta go, catch ya later!" before Yuma ran out the door, and down the sidewalk past a few litterbots, carrying a ball of rice in his mouth.

"Your sister is quite intuitive." Astral said, which startled him, and made him nearly drop his rice ball, "She will eventually find out what you are involved in." Yuma replied,"What matters to me is that my key is safe, so is Y/n's key, and we got Shark's soul back. Oh, and I'm glad you're okay, too."

"I must admit, I am still feeling a bit shaken. The fact that Kite has the power to enter your key is most concerning..."

"Yeah, he's full of surprises. It's like every time I think about starting to figure him out, he throws a curveball. Who is he?!" Yuma asked.

"There is one thing that I wonder." Astral said, before Yuma asked, "What is it?"

"Kite's brother and sister, Hart and Violet." The blue being answered.

"Oh yeah. Y/n and I saw a picture of them together. Who had guessed that he cares about them." Yuma said.

"But we did learn something new during that last duel. He cannot be controlled by the power of the Number cards. Up until now, the duelists we have faced who were using Number cards were being controlled by the cards. The Numbers had taken them over, and were making them act strangely, or against their wills. But that does not seem to be the case with Kite. He seems to be perfectly in control. It is very possible... that Kite is in possession of a power that is not of this world." Astral explained.

"Whoa! What kinda power?" Yuma asked. "I do not know. But the Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon that he uses... the light that lives inside that monster triggers a strange feeling inside me. It makes me wonder if that dragon comes from a different world." Astral answered, thinking about Kite's dragon.

"Yuma, good morning!" A voice greeted them, they turned and saw Y/n and Rhea.

"Morning, Y/n." Yuma greeted.

"So, about Kite's power--" Y/n trailed off. "Right! It might help if we knew how collecting Number cards help him. How're your memories supposed to save his little brother and how his sister isn't involved?" Yuma asked Astral. "By the way, do you have any idea?" Y/n was silent for before thinking.

"Well, from what I saw in Kite's memories, he seems to care about his brother and sister. His brother was very fragile, and his sister was the only one who was in a healthy condition. I think someone told him that the Numbers have a cure for his brother." Y/n explained.

"Perhaps they cannot save him.. Perhaps this is just about stopping me." Astral said, making them look at him.

"Why stopping you? The Numbers have pieces of yours and Rhea's memories." Y/n wondered.

"That may be true. But we do not know what situation Hart is in, and Violet wasn't involved with the Numbers. What if regaining our memories... is what puts him in danger?" Astral asked.