Sixteen, Logan

16

Logan

For the first time since I've met Casey, he walked me all the way to my floor of the hospital. It was cute. I kept telling him no every time he would drop me off. This time I was okay with it, I don't know why I wasn't before. Maybe the fact that Megan was a massive flirt and was a full blonde bombshell didn't help but I don't know. Even though he doesn't need to since Michael was caught, he's still been staying with me. He says it's helping him as much as it is helping me. I doubt that but I enjoy sleeping on his chest so I don't argue.

"Seven, right?" He asked as we stood in front of the nurse's desk, I gave him a small nod. "Wanna get on the back of my bike?" I laughed.

"No, not ready for that adventure yet." I tapped his chest. "I need to go clock in and get to work." He pulled me against him and kissed me slowly. When he pulled away, he kissed my nose and I giggled.

"I'll see you at seven." I bit my lip as we parted and nodded watching him leave my unit.

"Was that him?" Megan startled me.

"What?"

"The infamous sort of boyfriend guy?" She looked at me like I was stupid.

"We're not like a couple. Just dating."

"Okay, was that him?" I nodded my head unable to contain my smile. "He looks super familiar, what's his name?"

"Oh? Casey" She scratched her head.

"Casey what?"

"Bentley?"

"Yea, I don't know how yet. I'll pin point it though. Has he always lived here?" I nodded my head slowly. I didn't want her to know anything about him, because of how she is with men. She put her finger to her chin. "Hmm this is going to bother me." I widened my eyes with a smile.

"Okay, well if you figure it out let me know. I'm going to go change and everything."

"Okay!" I walked away shaking my head. Of course, she somehow thinks she knows him. Probably thinks he's hit on her or something. Hell, for all I know he has. What's in the past, is all I can keep repeating. At least that was until she came running up to me 11 hours into my shift. "LOGAN!"

"What?"

"Come here!" I huffed and followed her to the nurse's desk, she quickly got behind the computer and started typing. "Okay, so obviously I couldn't stop until I figured it out, but I finally did!"

"What?"

"How he looks familiar." She looked at me again like I was stupid. "Your, not boyfriend? Good thing he isn't too because shit girl." I sat down next to her and waited for her to continue. "He's married." She looked at me and I looked back super confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Like has a wife." Stupid look. "Look, when I first started up here, I was still working for MFM right, and we dealt with one super serious case of twins. They were labeled as the Bentley twins." I tried not to hide the surprise hearing his last name.

"He doesn't have kids."

"You sure about that? I mean he's been hiding a wife from you." She looked at me giving me that look, you know the one, like I was a blindsided idiot believing a man.

"No, he hasn't."

"Well, that's how I know him. He and his wife Andrea came in here like every few days, she was pregnant with twins that had TTTS. Since I left, I don't know how the rest of their visits went, but I'd never forget that face. All the girls swooned over him every single time they came in. Making sure to tell his wife how lucky she was." She said matter-of-factly. "Just, I'd get the truth before you fall any harder than you already have." With that she patted my back and walked away leaving me with my mouth hung open.