Eight, Logan

8

Logan

I put my phone back into my pocket before heading back to my floor on the hospital. With a stupid smile on my face that wouldn't go away. Stupid boy, stupid pretty blue eyes, stupid short blonde hair I want to grip in my hands, stupid smile that makes my knee's weak. Stupid feelings after just meeting someone! UGH! I hate it!

Not to mention seeing Marcus last night brought back all kinds of bad feelings. I mean just how things ended with us made me realize how shitty men really are, and he moved on before my shit was even out of his place! All while I was in the hospital!

"What's got you all cheesy?" Megan one of the nurses on duty asked.

"Oh, girl let me tell you she has a crush!" Conner blurted out from behind his computer.

"Oh, tell me more!" Megan said. I just leaned against the counter and looked at Conner.

"He is drop dead overly oh my god, gorgeous. Like all muscles and tattoo's and blonde and tan and blue eyes and" He started to fan himself and I couldn't help but laugh. "Yea all of that."

"You're obnoxious."

"And you wanna bone him."

"Oh my god Conner, there are children present!"

"Oh, hush none of them can hear us. Plus, you know I'm right." I just held in my smile and walked away to start checking on my patients again.

The rest of my shift flew by and Conner and I headed back to our apartments. Mine right next to his and our friend Kayle next to mine. Tonight, was our bff movie night and I couldn't wait. Kayle was already standing by her apartment door waiting for the two of us. Conner ran into his place to shower before coming over and Kayle and I went straight into mine.

"Ugh, those guys last night." Kayle said plopping down on the couch.

"Which ones?"

"Yea right." She pointed at me. "Don't think I didn't notice pretty boy Casey not come back for more drinks after he ran after you."

"That doesn't mean anything Kay."

"Uh, they all drink like fish. I've seen them when I was bar backing for Morgan. Like fucking fish." She blinked at me and smiled. "I mean drink after drink, call an Uber, maybe see you tomorrow, but probably not. Fish." She smiled again. "So, him not getting another after only having two? Then you not coming back for another, quite fishy but not in the same tank."

"That doesn't even make sense Kayle." I shook my head before heading into my room to shower.

"IT MEANS HE LIKES YOU AND HE IS HOT AND YOU ARE HOT AND YOU PROBABLY LIKE HIM AND"

"SHUT UP!" I laughed and heard Conner come in before I showered quickly and changed into comfy clothes then walked back out to my friends.

"So, we ordered the guys over." Conner said not taking his eyes off me. I almost fell and was barely moving.

"Excuse me?"

"Told you she'd snap." He and Kayle started laughing hysterically.

"You two are not funny. Can't we poke fun at Kayle for Wyatt? That man wasn't letting you out of his sight!" I spat.

"Na, we like making you turn red with that beautiful brown skin of yours." Conner said brushing his hand across my cheek.

"I hate you."

"Love you! We ordered Chinese though." I shook my head and took a seat next to them on the couch as Conner picked out a movie and enjoyed our night.