6| Before The D-Day

Start from the beginning

I was extremely hungry and food is my weakness. After digging-in all the food present in front of my eyes, I felt contented and rubbed my stomach. I was still having five-and-a-half-days of my leave and I was so happy that it could not be explained.

I walked back to the hall and saw everyone looking towards me happily. "We're so happy!" Both of the mom's shouted in happiness.

"What's the matter?"

"The date is decided! Your wedding date!" Mumma shouted and I stepped back in fear. No way! How could it be decided so early?!

"What?"

"Yes. It's after two weeks, as the next auspicious date is almost after two years. The time is less and we need to do so much shopping. I'm so excited." Ayaan's mom shouted and both the mothers hugged each other. And, till now, I thought that only my mother acts as a teenager!

"Oh!" I exclaimed.

For the next two days, we robbed all the shops. Just the difference was, we paid the bill before leaving which robbers won't ever do.

All the time, both the mothers were on cloud nine!

And, it was obvious.

They were going to see their children getting married after years of hardships and nagging.

Speaking truly, I had never done so much shopping in my entire life. I was literally exhausted. From morning till dawn, we were out, shopping for all the dresses and jewelleries.

All the bags were filled with sarees and lehengas. Much to my dismay, they chose all the heavy dresses they saw, which shook me to death.

I really envy Ayaan.

He was away from all these hassles which I faced.

××

Four days later, we had our engagement ceremony. The house was filled with guests which I hated the most. I mean, I'm not an introvert but I always want some personal space. But now, I couldn't even breathe properly. Give me some space!

I had to reduce my sweet nine hours of sleep for this so-called marriage and that Ayaan, his eyes were so awake and looked as if he had slept for twenty four hours straight. I'll kill him if I get a chance, but I can't because I don't want to become an unmarried widow.

I would have denied this marriage. Infact, I was going to, but I had to hold back after seeing my parents delighted. There are only few moments when they smiled because of me and this was one of them. They always allowed me to do whatever I wanted. Now, I wanted to them to be happy.

The reasons for me accepting this alliance is simple. Firstly, I wanted to see my parents happy. Their happiness lies in seeing me living my life gracefully with the love of my life.

Secondly, I needed to find a groom for me. I didn't have anyone in my life and I hate strangers. That's the reason I said yes to Ayaan. Moreover, I knew almost everything about him.

Okay, not everything but atleast he's not a complete stranger to me. From what I know, he's not an overbearing-dominating bitch. So, I can live my life peacefully and have my personal space at the same time.

Plus, this is an emotionless alliance. So, we don't need to live like real-life partners and accept each other as our spouse, which actually is a relief. Just the need is to pretend a show in front of others!

××

Three days later, we had our Haldi. All the women did nothing but jumped over me to apply haldi on my body. At first they did it to my legs, then followed my hands and then yellowed my face. My whole body was now looking a yellow teddy.