4.

The friendship of the three grew like mad acacia. They started to become the best of friends. They would do their assignments together. They started missing each other on days they won't meet. It was happening at a faster pace than a deer's sprint. They had some best of memories. They started hanging out, going on trips, setup homely relations. And it's said that the relations that are homely, they never fade away. They had once went for trekking adventure at Kedarkantha. That was one of the most dreadful and unforgettable day for Rihan.

4th March 2015
9:00pm

The last two nights had been one of the most dreadful nights of my life. It was my idea all along to go on such a trek. But the events that are happening with me since last two days has made me rethink my decision.

We all made it safely from trek. We all started the trek early in the morning. It was blowing ice from all the directions. The temperature was approaching negative. All were dressed in coats and all sorts of layers we can put on. I felt like I had gained 10kgs. All were looking each other and it must have looked from far as waddle of penguins ready to jump in the water. I still can't figure out how could anyone be so energetic in such cold as our guide. Like that guy started playing desi punjabi songs in the morning and was full of joy. He whistled and all the Penguins gathered around the guide. Guide gave some instructions, warnings and declared that we have to look out for each other during the trek. There were already groups made in the trek. We three started trekking,we were slowly forgetting the cold breeze and were enjoying the beautiful and mesmerizing view. The dew was fresh and was sitting on the leaves. It would seem as if dews were making plans for the day. The sun was giving it's first appearance from the curtains of mountains. Slowly the curtains were opened and the sun was shining in full might. But in that cold breeze ,the sun rays fell on our body. And it looked as if it was deliquescing the frost formed on our coats. We were marching forward towards the summit. I saw the tinklish sunlight falling on Tanishka and it gave me a tingling through spine. It was something I had never felt, it was the sensation which I wished to never end. In these months, I had became closer to her then Aksh. Aksh was great friend of mine but Tanishka used to open up a different side of mine. I would act childlike,playful and would try to get her attention and care. This was not fair but I wasn't able to control it. So she was there standing at the summit and playful sun peaking from behind her bunny cap. For the first time I was confronted by my feelings for her . I didn't knew if she felt the same for me or if I confess will it affect our friendship or not. We were playing with snowballs ,hitting each other,hugging each other,laughing all at once. I was trying to be playful and cheerful but my mind was battling with thoughts. Inner me told me to confront her while the conscious me told not to. And I made a decision to agree with conscious me.

We made it to summit. We all were enjoying ourselves . Some were taking selfies ,pics with each other ,some were writing,some were singing ,dancing ,the surrounding being in affirmation with us. Someone called me,"Rihaan! Rihaan! Come here ,I need your help". I knew the voice ,the sweet cute tinklish tone was of Tanishka. I went towards her,I was taking longer strides than usual. I wasn't able to contain my excitement inside but I had to manage it somehow. So I took 4 deep breaths and went up to her. I asked her what was the problem. She saw me her leg which was had a cut of an inch and was bleeding . And I managed to see the tears in her eyes which she tried to hide by avoiding eye contacts. Tera mukhda chand da tukda ...kya baat ay I suddenly started humming this song. I took out handkerchief from the pocket ,cleaned it and made a temporary bandage so that infection doesnot occur. Still I am humming song,and she was staring me with confused expression.  We were returning to the group, we were conversing about the beauty of surrounding (I was talking of her !!) . I stumbled with my words many times. Suddenly she struck out a missile and threw at me ,"tujhe pyaar vyaar to nahi ho gaya na?" And this started a stream of thoughts in my mind and I was all debating in my mind giving excuses ,finding defence and all sorts of things. And this made me look on outside as a lonely sheep who has been detached from the flock. While this thoughts rashing and thrashing my mind,I had took a considerable pause and it made her awkward so she broke the pause and told that I was singing while bandaging so she thought I might had fallen for someone. As she was right I had fallen for someone but it was her. So I chuckled and told there was nothing like that and I had that song stuck on repeat in my mind so I hummed. Till now it was feeling as the best day of my life. I found the girl I love ,I had finally completed my dream of trekking and we had some really amazing girls with us on our trek which were way more friendly. But I didn't saw the tornado coming towards me which hid in the lavish of mountain.