Chapter 15

I wake up as normal, as well as the whole room of girls do, and get up and ready for the long day ahead of us.
  As soon as I can, I make my way to the great hall, meeting Draco along the way. He greets me, "Good morning."
  And I return it, "Good morning," with a smile. He shows a small smile to me as well. We enter the hall and find our usual spot at the Slytherin table. Draco seems nervous, he never seems nervous, at least not in front of this many people. I take his free hand and start to eat. I won't ask him about what's got him like this until it's just us two, afraid he may snap if he's got too much pressure on his shoulders. He can have a short temper a lot of the time.
  Breakfast seems to slip past quickly but I'm lucky enough to get Draco to walk me to class. Well, close to class as Draco doesn't want his reputation in the dust so he has us hidden near my next class. "Hey," I catch his attention. He's zoned out. "Draco, you there?"
  His eyes move to mine. "Yeah," he nods. I cup just cheeks to keep him facing towards me and cock my head.
  "Are you alright? You've been in a different world all day."
  He hums and kisses my cheek gently, "I'll be fine. It's just O.W.L.s." I take a moment but nod and return his kiss and place one on his cheek.
  "You'll be okay."
  "I know," he's cocky.
  I sigh. "Draco," I give him a stern tone. "Don't get cocky."
  He smirks, "Pardon?"
  "Draco," I scold again. "Just, breath. You'll be okay. It's just..." I pause. "It's just O.W.L.s."
  "Yeah," he laughs but it's a nervous laugh mixed with sarcasm.
  Eventually the bell goes and we part ways, Draco giving me one last smirk before he's off. He must really be nervous.

  The bell rings and it's finally lunch. I rush and make my way to the great hall. It's surprisingly empty, well almost. I take a seat at the Slytherin table, where Draco and I usually sit, and wait. It wasn't long before him and most of the other Slytherins came in. "Hey," he greets me with a sneaky kiss on the cheek, one no one would notice.
  "How was your O.W.L.?" I ask.
  Draco gains his scowl, "It didn't last very long. Those Weasley twins came in and made a big ruckus. Using these... -these firework bombs," he's disgusted. "One nearly blew my head off!"
  I place a hand on his cheek. "Are you alright?" I'm teasing him but I don't think he noticed. He's too carried away in his self pity.
  He nods with a small pout, "Now I am."
  I take the compliment and start to eat, Draco and I both. "At lest you don't have to worry about your O.W.L. anymore," I say.
  "Yeah right, now I have to redo it." He's probably right. "And, if it even means anything, those Weasley's blew up every last one of Umbridge's rules."
  "Is that a bad thing?" I ask.
   He hums, "Maybe not, that bad but it's a big deal."
  I let him roll in his misery and make a smart comment. "Did the firework things look cool at least?"
  "Is that all you care to hear about?"
  "No," I laugh. "You seem to be okay, I just want to know, where they cool?"
  Draco hesitates, looking up and down the table to see if anyone was looking or paying attention at least, before nodding. "Yeah, they were alright."
  I smile at his annoyance, "Just try and look on the bright side."
  "Which is?" he questions.
  "You have more time to study for the O.W.L.s, you don't have to worry about Umbridge as she's probably out for Fred and George, and you didn't even have to leave school to see fireworks."
  "If I wanted to see them I'd make them myself."
  I nod, "Fair point."

  We've finished eating and have made our way to the courtyard, by this time the hall is packed as usual. I'm sat against a wall with my legs out straight, Draco's laying on the ground with his head in my lap. I'm playing with his hair as he talks, he's just ranting at this point. Going on and on about his hate for this school and the people in it. I know he secretly loves this school, sadly I can't say the same of the people. All but one at least.
  "-and it's really too much for one person to handle."
  I nod, "I know, yet somehow you manage."
  "Somehow," he mocks. "It's despicable really. And with Umbridge it's worse. I thought I liked her, now I'm just some puppet of hers."
  "What a shame," I mock. He has goons with him most of the time, if I'm not around, and he's had them since day one. That makes him the same in one way.
  Draco grumbles at my mock but doesn't argue it. "I can't wait for this school year to end, then I can go home and spend summer-..." he stops and looks up at me.
  "What?" I ask. "You have that look in your eyes," more mocking.
  "Summer. A nice holiday, two long months or so, imagine it. Just you and I, hot days spent swimming or whatnot."
  I snort, "Yeah right. You'll have to find a new summer activity."
  Draco sits up, "What's wrong with swimming? Are you scared of the water?" he teases with a smirk.
  "No," I shake my head. "I just don't like swim suits. They're not for me."
  "What's that supposed to mean? You want to swim in your clothes?"
  "It means I'm self conscious about my body in swim suits, Draco. Isn't it obvious?" I ask.
  He takes a moment to think. "You could swim in your clothes, although it may not be as fun or comfortable."
  I roll my eyes and smack his arm softly. "Just leave it. You can find us something else to do, can't be that hard."
  "Maybe, but I enjoy swimming. I'd like to get you out of your comfort zone, help you. You know what I mean?"
  I nod hesitantly, "But it's not as easy as it sounds. I don't even own a decent swim suit."
  "That doesn't matter, wear the one you have," he says.
  "No."
  Draco rolls his eyes, "What's so wrong with it that you won't wear it?"
  "It doesn't fit right."
  "Too small?"
  "No," I say, "I said it doesn't fit right. Plus it come from my grandmothers closet."
  Draco shakes his head with a smirk, "I will get you into my pool whether it's with all your clothes on by force or by getting you a new swim suit."