Chapter 10

During lunch I've been eating with Draco and then sneaking away to practice spells after he walks me to my class. He's asked me to join Umbridge's club, the one he's in, but I denied and said I didn't want to be a part of any club. But, I've also been going against Umbridge's rules of girls in pants. I just can't stand to wear skirts all day everyday, so I got out the boys uniform pants. Let's see what she says.

I make my way down to breakfast and find Draco at the Slytherin table. On my way over I'm stopped. "Young Lady," I turn to face the one and only.
"Ms. Umbridge," I greet her.
"Are you wearing boys trousers?"
I nod, "Yeah, it's cold today."
She gives me one of her smiles, one that's meant to be innocent. "Go and change your clothes now, and get rid of those trousers."
I give her a small smile in return and nod.
She walks away and up to the front of the room, taking a seat at the teacher's table. I ignore her wishes and find my spot next to Draco at the Slytherin table. "Hey," he greets. "How did you sleep?"
"Good, thank you."
I shift in my spot once it goes quiet between us. "What's wrong?" Draco asks.
I shake my head and start to eat. "Just nerves."
He places a hand on my thigh, I grow a blush. My eyes are slightly wide and I look his way. "Hey," he doesn't seem bothered by his actions, "you're wearing trousers." He rubs a small part of the pants between his fingers before laying his hand back down on my thigh. "What?" he noticed my wide eyes.
"Nothing," I shake my head. "Uh, yeah, I'm wearing pants. But," I start, "Umbridge told me to go and change back into a skirt."
"Why?"
"Cause pants are only for the boys uniform," I start to eat again.
"You should probably go and change them." I glare at Draco. "I don't want you to get into trouble."
I shake my head, "Not happening. It's too cold."
Draco sighs and we stay fairly quiet till breakfast ends.

I didn't go to lunch and went straight to the training room for "Dumbledore's Army", meeting a few others there. I spent my whole lunch practicing, but on my way back to class I was caught. "Young Lady!" There it is again. I stop with my books in hand.
"Ms. Umbridge," I greet.
She smiles, "My office, now." I follow her to her office and she closes the door behind me.
"Take a seat, dear." I practically gag at her nickname, but take a seat. "You're going to do lines."
"Why?"
She points to my pants with one hand and takes out a quill with the other. "Here."
I take the quill from her, "What am I writing?"
She may be short but when she's hovering over you, it's horrifying. "'Proper dress and decorum is to be maintained at all times'. Do so until it sinks in."
I bite my tongue and hold back a snarky remark. I start to write, then, all hell broke loose.