Ballet

(Marius and his motherly moment.)

"My son Marius, no matter how far gone I become. You'll always be my son, my child. You'll always be loved." -Ava Arknight. 

Marius walked over to the piano, grazing his fingertips over the ivory keys. Those words echoing in his head. He sat, began to play gently. He took the sound in like a warm summer's evening. He pulled himself closer, playing whatever music was on the stand. He hit the notes repeatedly. 

The piano was soft. His fingers glazed lightly. No matter how hard he hit, the sound never got any louder; almost like a lullaby. Marius' heightened hearing kicked in as he heard footsteps. He turned on the bench, as the sound went quiet. He then saw his mother Ava. She stood there with her pale fragile, skinny figure and long black hair. Her big blue eyes stared at him, as his met hers. Sadly those big blue eyes were glazed over with weariness. Ava walked past him into another room, like she couldn't remember who he was. What the Krill did to her physically and mentally, what a horrible thing to even imagine. Marius sighed sadly as things will never go back to "normal". 

He continued to play, almost as if the piano was apart of him. Although, he could only listen when his father played. Unlike his two older brothers at that time long ago, he was only a small baby. When Marius was about five years old (in human years), they played once. His father taught him how to play a beautiful song. He worked on it for a long time, also knowing it was advance for his young age. Yet,  he proved them all wrong in exactly only in a few minutes. Even after the massacre of his family, he still played. Even after his mother was finally released and later became insane, he still played. It was their family song, one of the few things left after the Krill invasion. 

Every time Marius played, she grew upset. It gotten so bad where he had a hard time playing and taking responsibility  to his fellow Nohrians that he had left surviving. Slowly, he too, was going crazy with her. He tried to play when she wasn't around. Suddenly, he quit all together. Nothing really changed. When it finally did, he could only play one note at a time. Marius once again approached the piano. Now with ease, he melted away from each note. He stared at the sheet music and remembered, it all swirled back to him. The fights, doors slamming, and even his mother's low wails at night. The piano shut it all out before everything drove him insane. 

Marius played his family's song, slow at first. It began soft, the piano was tuned that way. He emptied his mind, as he put his soul into that exact state. Maybe this secret was being able to greatly play it. The main secret was hidden in the furthest depths of his mind. Hell, he never realized it, all he felt was to keep playing. Trying his best to make everyone's troubles melt away, almost like ice, as the piano was the heat. Slow and steady, every thing will end soon. He again heard it, like it was all those years ago. He turned again and before him, Ava appeared. Both reflecting in each other's gazes. She blinked fast, as she tried going into the "library" type room. 

"F-Forgive...me..." She sadly mumbled. It was just enough for him to hear her broken scarred soft voice. She disappeared, humming his music behind her. 

He stared at the ivory keys again, sighing even sadder. Maybe that was the secret after all. Nohrians were too emotional and heated species. Heat plus heat just made more fire. Deep down, he knew what he had to do. yet, it was hard enough for him to assist in his own mother's death. He knew she was suffering and he couldn't take it anymore.

(A/N: This is the first debut of Marius Arknight. He is based from a historical fiction I've worked on since 2010, but I retro-fitted him into some Orville fanfictions I'm currently working on. His backstory will be focused more in those.  At this point in time he is about 20 years old in human years. He is a Nohrian. Long story short, basically like a vampire like species like we hear about in myths and legends of vampires as a whole. I wanted to try him out here and see if you guys would like to read more about him. I can't give too much away here, it would ruin the stories I'm working on. Thank  you and enjoy.)