Chapter XIII

"JEALOUSY„                          ...

"JEALOUSY„

After the incident in the back-alley market, everything was the same. The end of school lessons came so you and Legosi headed to the Drama Club.

"Lego, hurry up! I don't want Lewis to argue with us later that we're late..." you started pulling the wolf by the arm.

"Okay, okay, I'll try to walk faster..."

As you walked, however, you saw two carnivores harassing a female wolf.

Should we help her? Legosi wondered, but you interrupted his thoughts.

"Hey, you're there! Why are you harassing her!?" you began to approach them with an angry expression.

Obviously we'll help her...

"What's your problem, huh!?" one of them turned to you.

"Leave her alone... This is my sister." Legosi called, but when he saw the wolf up close he panicked slightly. Couldn't we have been more different?

"Don't lie to us! You have nothing in common!"

"Umm... She's his sister-in-law..." you added.

"Y-yeah... Umm... Are you okay?" Legosi crouched beside the female wolf.

"Yes... I'm fine... Thanks, big brother..." she finally spoke with a scared note in the voice.

"Off... Let's get out!" The two who were harassing her got up and left.

"Are you really okay? And I'm sorry we had to lie that you were my sister" Legosi apologized, scratching nervously behind his neck.

"N-no... No problem! you saved me after all." the wolf replied, but a few seconds later began to cry. "Do I have to go through this harassment every day?"

"Everything will be fine... Don't worry that much! You'll manage!" you started encouraging her with a smile, but there was something strange about this girl... She wasn't looking at you... only at Legosi.

"By the way, you must be Legosi-senpai, right? I'm Juno, First Year." she wiped away her tears and turned to the wolf.

"Y-yeah... Nice to meet you..." Legosi said a little nervous.

"I guess you're in a hurry to not be late for practice... Please talk to me more often because we're from the same species!" she took the wolf's hand and smiled.

"Aham, aham..." you cough sarcastically to get their attention. "I'm here too, you know?"

"Oh... Sorry for my rudeness. You must be Y/N-senpai... The only human here. Nice to meet you!" Juno quickly let go of Legosi's hand and grabbed yours.