Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart

Começar do início

Ciel gave a shake of his head as he leaned back over to address the papers before him, the pen held firmly in his hand as he focused his attention.

"What is this about next week?" A smooth voice was heard from inside the study room and you flinched, swiveling back in the chair to look at the entrance of the room.

There Sebastian stood in his formal butler attire, his gaze shifting between where Ciel and you sat at the desk. An amused smirk came onto his face while he entered the room fully and this time you fully turned to face him as he approached the desk. "Pardon me for coming in here so late, but I'm sure that I clearly heard the two of you discussing about something for next week."

"Oh hey Sebastian!" You cheerfully greeted the demon butler with a large smile and you placed the book onto the counter of the desk to soon place your full attention on him. "Ciel was actually just saying that he was planning on going on a vacation to the beach house today. He said that we'll probably be back next week."

"Well it seems that I was uninformed of this sudden decision," Sebastian commented with a smile, but the peeved tone in his voice could clearly be heard as he gave Ciel a pointed glance, the said earl sheepishly glancing away from the sharp look. "Well then it seems that I should start preparing for this sudden trip then. Is there anything that you wish for me to include when I'm packing?" He asked and Ciel readjusting his position in his seat before turning to address Sebastian.

"Just pack the stuff we usually bring," he answered before waving his hand in dismissal. "Now leave me, I have more work to get too."

With a low bow to Ciel, Sebastian straightened up preparing to leave to begin the preparations when you pushed your chair back, the loud sound it made catching the attention of both the earl and the butler.

"Let me help you Sebastian," you told the butler, focusing your attention on the taller demon that stood in front of you. The look of surprise that was on his face faded away as a smile crossed it. "I'm sure that you'll need help doing the preparations for a week long trip especially since you only have a few hours. And don't say anything about you being able to take care of it since you're a demon. I'm helping you regardless."

Sebastian chuckled bemusedly at your words as you straightened from where you stood and you didn't notice the look that he shot Ciel nor the disgruntled expression that was on Ciel's face.

"Well since you so adamantly want to help me I wouldn't be opposed to it," Sebastian chuckled raising a hand to hid the smirk that was on his face. "Though it would be nice to have your company while I'm taking care of my duties. If you'll excuse us young master." With another bow to Ciel, he straightened and immediately headed to the door while you pushed the chair in.

"I'll see you later Ciel," you stated to the younger male who still sat in his chair. There was a baffled expression on Ciel's face at the sudden situation that was happening, but he only gave you a small smile as he replied "See you later." With a wave to him, you headed to the door and stepped out of the study room and you closed the door to give Ciel the privacy he needed when working.

"So, preparations..." You trailed off as you turned to face Sebastian who had been kind enough to wait for you outside of the study room.

"Right, the first thing we should do is prepare some food for our time at the beach house," Sebastian stated, waiting patiently for you to fall in line with him before heading off down the hallway. "After that I'll have to pack the young master's luggage, inform the other servants, get the carriage ready and that doesn't take in account of the other preparations that I'll be having to do." He sighed as he brought a gloved hand to his head lightly shaking it. "The young master always make such work for me," he lightly complained.