Her Acquaintance, Tea

Start from the beginning

Edward rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm okay," he answered, but his gaze was cast to the side and he didn't glance at you.

You were puzzled at his actions, your head tilted a bit as you studied the older male. "Well then if you say so. We should probably head in so we can go look for the pastry stand. Wherever it may be." You took several steps towards the gate, but it was then that you realized that Edward had yet to follow after. Pausing, you slowly turned to find Edward in the same spot, the knight seeming to have become even more nervous than before.

"Edward?"

"(Y/N). There's something I wanted to ask you," he began sheepishly - maybe even albeit nervously. "It was the reason why I had asked you if we could meet up in that letter. Truthfully, this might not have been the best setup to ask since we're already here."

"Edward what is it?" Slowly, you approached the blonde hair male until you were standing just a few inches in front of him. You were worried, and truthfully a bit nervous as to what he would say, but you kept this emotion from your face as you stared up at the taller male.

This time Edward glanced up at you, his eyes staring into your own as a fixed look crossed his face. "The real reason I asked you to meet up... Was to ask you if you would go on a date with me sometime in the near future."

"A date?"

That was all that you could utter as your mind went blank. Edward of all people wanted to go on a date with you. You were nothing more than a servant at the Phantomhive manor and honestly, you didn't really think of yourself as much.

"But why me?"

"There's more to you than what meets the eye (Y/N). You're not like the other wealthy females I've met in my life. You're a humble person who genuinely cares for your friends, a strong and resilient person and you always manage to uplift my mood. That's why I started... Well that's why I'm asking you this," Edward determinedly said, locking gazes with you.

"Edward..."

"If you don't want to, then you can just say no and we can just continued on with how we've always been," he quickly corrected and your gaze darted back up to him. "Don't worry. I wouldn't take any offense to it."

There was a warm feeling inside of you after his explanation and truthfully, you couldn't help but smile at his words. You thought his words over carefully before coming to a decision. Well, it wasn't like there was any harm in just seeing how things would go.

Edward was watching you, still waiting for an answer to his question by the time you glanced up at him with a small smile. "I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of going on a few dates," you lightly replied watching his expression.

A soft smile grew on Edward's face as he glanced down at you, his eyes tenderly gazing into your own, and a small blush was on his face as he watched you wistfully. "You'd really... go on a date with me?"

You gave a small nod of your head, a bit shyly and you glanced up towards the older male with a smile on your face, a smile on his face as well. Thinking further on what was happening, you questioningly peered up at Edward. "So... Would you consider this as being a date?"

"That'd be up to you," he quickly said, the nervousness gone, but he still remained modest.

"Let's just consider this a normal meetup this time," you decided thoughtfully, your gaze drawing up to his. "Maybe so that the next time you can do it properly." You lightly chuckled, catching the sheepish look that immediately crossed Edward's face.

"I apologize for springing this on you so suddenly." Edward sheepishly stated as he rubbed the back of his neck, before he brought it down to his side as a resolute expression crossed his face. "I'll be sure to do it properly the next time," he declared, and you gave him a small smile at this. "Well then, shall we begin heading in?" He asked, gesturing to the gate that was just before the two of you as he headed to stand next to your side.