Her Acquaintance, Tea

Start from the beginning

"They have all of those? That sounds really good!" You gushed, just thinking about the desserts that Edward had told you. It had been a while since you had last had sweets such as those and honestly, you were getting hungry just thinking about getting to try them again. "That sounds like a good idea! Truthfully, you won me over when you told me that there was a pastry stand," you inputted with a laugh. "I really want to try them."

"Well then I guess it's the park then." Edward affirmed what the two of you had decided upon and he slightly passed by before turning so that he was facing you. "Shall we my lady?"

"Such a gentleman," you humored, laughing as you fell alongside him and making sure that you were ready, the two of you set off down the street, heading further away from Weston College.

Like always, it was a busy day even in this area of London and people gathered on the sidewalks and the streets. Most of them wore thick clothes like yourself with it being late September, the weather getting closer to the winter season. Sooner or later it would start snowing, something that you were looking forward to as it was always fun to play in the snow. Not to mention with Ciel's birthday being in December.

"How are things at the Phantomhive manor?" Edward curiously asked you, glancing down to where you walked at his side, paying detail to the pathway in front of you.

At the sound of his voice, you spared him an amused glance before turning back towards the sidewalk. "It's been good. I can't really say much has happened lately. Just been doing my duties and going into town every so often. Oh, Soma did end up coming over to the Phantomhive manor one day though."

"Oh... He came over?" This was a slight edge to Edward's voice that made you curiously look over at him, but you nodded your head in response.

"Yeah, since he was in town and all. It was nice having him around since I don't see him as much since he's always traveling." You gave a small stretch from where you walked, before tilting your head to the side towards Edward and giving him a smile. "But enough about Soma. The day's for you and me so let's just enjoy it!"

With that said, a content smile crept up onto Edward's face as his green gaze settled down onto your figure. "Now that sounds nice," he lightly humored, the smile lingering on his face even as he turned to look ahead.

From here, you could see the large gates that marked the entrance of the park, the same entrance that you had gone through when you had been here before with Edward. The area was surprisingly empty, with few people passing by on the sidewalks and even fewer entering through the gate. "I'm always grateful that the park isn't too far from Weston College," you joked as you pulled your scarf closer around your neck. "I don't think I could stand walking a long distance."

'Even though Sebastian would say it would help with training.'

Shivering a bit just remembering the laborious training sessions Sebastian would have you do, you pushed the memory to the back of your mind as you focused on your surroundings. By now the two of you had approached the gates and you stopped in your tracks for a bit. "Do you know where the pastry stand is?" You curiously asked, looking back towards Edward a bit concerned to find him looking nervous.

"To be honest, I don't actually know where it is exactly. All I've heard was that it was somewhere in the middle of the park," Edward replied sheepishly, though the anxious look on his face never once faded.

"Well at least the park isn't all that big," you thoughtfully mumbled, giving the area beyond the park a brief glance. You turned back towards Edward, still a bit worried with how troubled he was looking, an expression that was odd as you weren't ever used to seeing him look like this. Usually, he would always be the confident knight that you were used to seeing. Always leaping into a situation if he knew that he was helping another. So it was unusual seeing him like this. "Hey Edward. Are you okay?"