53 (IH)

"Crowley, dear?" Aziraphale called out, when he heard the demon enter. He knew it was his demon since he recognised the unmistakable sound of his beloved Bently.

The angel walked round the shelf he had been organising, and found Crowley flopped down on the sofa with a half empty bottle of wine. Aziraphale did sometimes worry about the snake's drinking habits - he always drank when he was upset for some reason.

"Hello." He greeted.

"Hey Zira." He responded, not quite as drunk as 'Zira' had expected.

"What you drinking for this time?" He asked, he knew by now that he might as well ask the question straight forwardly.

"I... I saw..." he slurred, unable to get the words out. Aziraphale sat down beside him gently, and nodded, giving the demon some time. "A... I saw a snake in a shop..." he mumbled quietly, as if it explained everything.

"A pet shop?" Aziraphale asked, confused. He knew that Crowley felt a lot in common with snakes.

"It was in a cage." He murmured.

"Oh." Aziraphale said, pretending it suddenly made sense, although it didn't.

Crowley just sighed and sulked for the next few hours, before leaving.

I wonder what that was about... Aziraphale thought, once the demon had left.

~the next day~
The Bently pulled up outside the bookshop, and Aziraphale found himself smiling at the thought of seeing his demon again, even though he saw him almost every day by now. Crowley seemed to take longer to enter the shop than normal.

When he did eventually enter, Aziraphale was shocked to see that he was holding a very small, thin green snake. Aziraphale raised his eyebrow.

"You got a snake?" He asked, although it was perfectly obvious.

"It was in a cage, I couldn't exactly leave it trapped there, could I?" Crowley defended himself, admiring the small scaled creature surrounding his fingers.

Aziraphale just rolled his eyes and left the demon to it. He really had a soft spot for other snakes.

A/N
It's short and bad but I'm writing this in a rush so whatever. Thx for reading tho. (Word count: 354)