Chapter 26 ~ Surprise!

Start from the beginning

    "But we don't love," Ki-Adi pointed out, "it's against the Code."

    "That's where we have been going wrong," Ahsoka sighed, turning to face out the window, "if we don't have attachments and feelings, then what are we fighting for at the end of the day? Sure, emotion might lean us slightly towards the Dark Side, but it's a price I'm willing to pay if it means that we'll fight with dignity and purpose."

    To be completely honest, nobody knew how to respond to this. She had struck a point so true that it was hard to argue against, and, in all fairness, she had made a lot of sense while doing it.

    "But that's beside the point," Ahsoka continued, "I need all of the competent Jedi warriors on few transports immediately. If we're going to take down the little son of a bantha, we're going to need to do it together."

    "And if we lose?" Mace asked.

    "We'll do that together, too."    

            ±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-

    "Anakin, report on the convoys being loaded?" Ahsoka asked as she walked by her used-to-be master, studying some holopads at the same time.

    "The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of Palpatine's army."

    Ahsoka immediately came to a halt and deadpanned, giving Anakin an 'I wasn't joking' glare.

    Anakin quickly backtracked and hastily replied, "ah, but not yet of course. Mostly a great deal of whimpering, complaining, and anxiety as they are nearly full and ready for travel."

    The Togruta gave him one last shake of her head before replying, "well, that's good news I guess. I have one little trip to make before we leave, as do you." Ahsoka gave him a knowing smirk, "maybe a little visit to a certain senator from Naboo."

    "I don't know what you're talking about!" Anakin defensively fired back, his cheeks quickly developing into a rosy color.

    "Anakin, where do you think I learned my lack of ability to lie from? You're absolutely awful at hiding things. Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't any bouncing toddlers running around yet."

    "AHSOKA!" Anakin yelped in a panicked voice, "be quiet!"

    "Aw, is little Ani embarrassed?"

    "No," the Jedi Knight mumbled, dodging the smirks and glances Ahsoka was shooting him. "Just, just go on your little trip."

    "Well, if it makes you feel any better," Ahsoka offered, "I may or may not be in the same boat as you are with a certain senator."

    "Wait, you and Padmé are..." Anakin gasped.

    "What? NO! What the heck, Anakin? Have you been hit in the head since the last time we talked? I'm talking about a male senator."

    "Oh," Anakin chuckled, but once the meaning of what Ahsoka had just said sunk in, he quickly spun around with a fire blazing in his eyes, "which little skeez is trying to pick up my little sister? I'll personally make sure he dies on the blade of my lightsaber."

    Without hesitation, Ahsoka slapped him across the cheek. "Pull yourself together, Master. He's not trying to 'pick me up', we love each other."

    Anakin rose a finger to his stinging cheek and scoffed, before firing back in a teasing tone, "but you still didn't answer my question. You know what, I bet I can figure this out. It must be..." he paused and a large, crap-eating grin broke across his face, "it's little Bonteri, isn't it?"