Chapter 25 ~ Gray Strong

Mulai dari awal

    "Oh come on," Caceryn playfully fired back, lightly slugging Ahsoka in the arm, "I know you enjoy spending time with me."

    "I would," Ahsoka admitted, "if it wasn't while we were walking for endless hours."

    "I thought you are so fit as a Jedi that something like this doesn't even make you lose your breath?"

    "Oh don't get me wrong," Ahsoka assured her, waving her hands as a gesture, "I'm not bragging, but I am. This is just flat out boring."

    "Boring?" Caceryn scoffed in mock offense, her hand flying up to her chest. Ahsoka shook her head and let out a chuckle, in which the human joined in. "You're in luck, actually. If I remember correctly, your fun walk is about to come to an end."

    "Wait what?" Ahsoka asked in confusion, swinging her head around to look at the land sprawled out in front of her. Sure enough, a large prairie was ahead of them, followed by an all-too-familiar mountain range. "I didn't realize we were this close."

    As the two neared the edge of the rocky outcropping that dropped off to the grassy fields, Ahsoka turned to look at Caceryn with a frown. "Is this where we say goodbye again?"

    "I suppose so," Caceryn replied, giving the Togruta a hug. They exchanged their goodbyes, then finally turned on their own ways; Ahsoka towards the mountains, Caceryn towards her home town.

    "I'm back~" Ahsoka sang in a somewhat manic voice as she got closer to the mountains. (Think Loki :3) Deciding that walking was for boring people and that she really needed the practice, Ahsoka came to a halt and closed her eyes in concentration. Then, channeling her connection to the Force to the matter than surrounded her, she altered the atoms to allow her to levitate. A little smile graced her face, then she took off like a rocket. In a mere minute, she had traveled all the way across the meadows, over a couple of mountains, and to the Temple. The Togruta made one swoop around the wooden building, then landed in front of the front doors.

    "Welcome back, Ahsoka. Sure took ya long enough," a female voice called out from behind the Gray Jedi. Instantly recognizing the tone, Ahsoka slowly turned around with a smile.

    "Well, I do have to admit, life can sometimes be a pain," the Togruta chuckled as her eyes fell upon a familiar Pantoran, "but it had been too long, Grandmaster Aylile."

    "Ah, I have a feeling you won't be calling me that for long."

    "What do you mean?"

    Aylile gestured for Ahsoka to follow her into the Temple. Once they were inside, they wound their way into the meditation room that Ahsoka had originally spent the majority of her first stay in. Then, once the two were seated on mats, Aylile turned back to her and began to speak. "Well, for one, I'm not exactly the definition of lively," she paused and the two chuckled at her joke, "and for two, you are the one we left a legacy behind for. You are our successor, and it is only a matter of a short time before you fully withhold your position as one of the most powerful leaders in the galaxy. Sure, you might have had a rough few years, but look how much it has matured you and taught you important life lessons."

    "You know, you've made a point that nobody else has, really. I guess I've never looked at my years as practically a slaved Sith in a positive view."

    "That right there," Aylile exclaimed, waving her pointer finger at Ahsoka, "is one of the Jedi's biggest downfalls. They're so focused on trying to follow the rules that they hardly ever try to see the light in things. The beauty of life. That's why several fall to corruption throughout the years."

    Ahsoka let out a sigh as her mind digested what the Pantoran had said. All of it was just... so wise. Almost every word that came out of her mouth was seasoned with the knowledge that Ahsoka felt she would be lucky to obtain after her predicted 200-year-lifespan.