Chapter 22~ Out of the Shadows

Start from the beginning

    Lux chuckled at this. She still hadn't told him the reason why she had been missing for years, which he was sure was a horrific story by the number of shades paler she grows every time it's brought up, but she's indulged him of tales from when she was younger. And, according to her accounts, they were pretty nutty.

    "Well don't be too long, then. I don't even think I could manage an hour without you with me."

    "Please," Ahsoka snickered, "you've made it for years, I'll think you'll manage."

    "But it's different now," Lux pointed out. He had a point. Them actually being together did change things.

    "Okay," Ahsoka relented, "I'll check in as often as I can. I can't promise being back quickly though, you never know what might happen."

    "Yes," Lux dramatically gasped, "Dooku might kidnap you while you're in the Temple!"

    "Hey, careful what you wish for," Ahsoka teased as she straightened out her clothes. She had already changed earlier this morning, so she didn't have much to do. After a couple quick checks, she glanced back up and gave him a wink and a two-finger salute. "I'll be back!"

    With that, she walked out of his apartment and made her way on her journey.   

    Dang, Lux though, shaking his head all the while, that woman still never fails to amaze me.    

            ±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-

    Not this crap again, Ahsoka mentally growled as she stood before the Temple guards. Of course, she was still wearing her cloak, but she thought that by now someone would have told them about the 'stranger'.

    "I'm sorry, but only Jedi are permitted."

    Ahsoka rolled her eyes, then waved her hand in front of their faces, "I am a Jedi."

    Ahsoka winced. She hadn't heard a joke that big since the last time she was thinking about Sidious's face.

    "You are a Jedi," they monotonously echoed, stepping aside and opening the gates.

    "Weak," Ahsoka teased under her breath as she stepped through. The Togruta only sincerely hoped that she was the only one strong enough to do what she had accomplished twice already.

    This time when Ahsoka walked in, all eyes were on her. Murmurs and whispers echoed throughout all the halls as every single person stared her down, gauging to see whether or not she was the person from in the stories that had been going around. One boy bold enough ran up and loudly asked, "Did chu get da bad guy?"

    "Perhaps," Ahsoka replied, masking her voice by speaking an octave lower than normal. She flashed the boy a smile that she knew only the youngling could see, and her heart melted as he cheekily grinned back. This was the whole reason she did what she did. To protect future generations from the harsh horrors and realities of wars.

    The Togruta continued to make her way down the halls, the whispers not dying down one bit. She even stumbled into a group of rebellious boys that were just about the age that most were when they are selected as padawans. The second she heard their snickers, she knew they were up to no good.

    Sure enough, she suddenly felt a Force aura surrounding her head. She gritted her teeth and used her own powers to tug the hood down tighter, preventing the boys from yanking it off as she had planned. The boys immediately flustered red in embarrassment as Ahsoka turned to them, gave them a long look, and just continued walking.